What did you do today

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: What did you do today

Postby bdosborn » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:54 am

I got the kitchen cabinet door hardware installed today. My wife painted two of the doors and the came out pretty darn spiffy.
I just need to spray the clear coat on the doors and I can assemble/install the cabinet. Upper right hand hole is for the silverware drawer.
Bruce
2009 6.5'X11' TTT - Boxcar
All it takes is a speck of faith and a few kilowatts of sweat and grace.
Boxcar Build
aVANger Build
bdosborn
Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:28 am

Neighbor cut down and diced up a tree to stove length. Then he must have thought of me. I went by and there was a free sign on the pile of wood that is the size of a Buick. I rushed home and hooked up my 5 x 10 utility trailer and returned. By the time it all was loaded it filled the trailer almost 3 feet deep. Went home and wrestled out the splitter and went at it. It is all split and ready to stack. Rearranged the tractor barn to accommodate the splitter and the little 8N tractor and got them tucked away out of the weather. This left the side shed for old what's her names mustang to get it tucked in for winter. Took time to start a bonfire and settled in for a breather and a cold one.
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby MickinOz » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:04 pm

My mate Euro decided that the automatic gate we installed for him warranted a party.
Don't ask why, I think any excuse will do.
So it was last night.
He hired a band. These guys played the biggest hotel in town on Friday night, then played for about 18 people (us) on Saturday night.
We had a ball, the band had a ball, and the two lady cops who received a noise complaint at 10:00 pm laughed their heads off when they saw who they were dealing with.
The youngest audience member was probably my wife, and she's in her mid 50's. One of the guys who was dancing is 83.
They walked up the dark driveway, stepped into the light, and stood there with big grins on their faces until we noticed them.
The hosts brother immediately offered refreshments, which they regretfully declined, the host said he had invited all the neighbours so was a bit disappointed.
The band turned it down one notch, and the ladies departed and weren't seen again all night.
MickinOz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Location: Somewhere, in 379,725 square miles of South Australia

Postby friz » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:23 am

Busy week. Hosted 30 of my inlaws at my house Thanksgiving day. Traveled 3 hrs to watch KSU defeat KU for a crack at the conference title. Today, I ride my bike.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby featherliteCT1 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:18 pm

Happily, I discovered this problem with my shore power inlet.

IMG_3680.jpg
IMG_3680.jpg (15.77 KiB) Viewed 454 times

IMG_3682.jpg
IMG_3682.jpg (10.47 KiB) Viewed 454 times
featherliteCT1
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby tony.latham » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:20 pm

Happily, I ...

Holy crap! Any idea what caused it? :frightened:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby twisted lines » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:24 pm

MickinOz wrote:My mate Euro decided that the automatic gate we installed for him warranted a party.
So it was last night.
He hired a band. These guys played the biggest hotel in town on Friday night, then played for about 18 people (us) on Saturday night.
We had a ball, the band had a ball, and the two lady cops who received a noise complaint at 10:00 pm laughed their heads off when they saw who they were dealing with.
The youngest audience member was probably my wife, and she's in her mid 50's. One of the guys who was dancing is 83.
They walked up the dark driveway, stepped into the light, and stood there with big grins on their faces until we noticed them.
The hosts brother immediately offered refreshments, which they regretfully declined, the host said he had invited all the neighbours so was a bit disappointed.
The band turned it down one notch, and the ladies departed and weren't seen again all night.

Should have left the gate closed :lol:
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby friz » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:26 pm

tony.latham wrote:
Happily, I ...

Tony
Looks like a connector became a resistor to me.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby twisted lines » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:26 pm

tony.latham wrote:
Happily, I ...

Tony

Ground :frightened:
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby tony.latham » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:11 pm

Ground :frightened:

Sheeeeesh...

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby featherliteCT1 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:08 pm

Routinely, my trailer sits with an extension cord with one end attached to shore power and the other end plugged into the yellow adapter. A week ago, as I was leaving on a trip with the trailer, I forgot to unplug the extension cord before I drove off. Doh!

As I pulled away, the extension cord jerked out of the adapter.

When I got back home, I plugged the extension cord back into the adapter again. Thereafter, the extension cord supplied power to my trailer for about a week without any apparent issues. I was drawing about 12aH continuously, for about a week.

The other day, I tried to remove the yellow adapter but it was stuck tight onto the white power port. With some struggling, I eventually was able to pull the adapter off the power port.

When I disassembled the white power port, the neutral wire pulled out of the melted neutral terminal. The wire itself was fine.

So, I ordered a new adapter and new power port. Should arrive on Wednesday.

I was lucky not to have burnt up my trailer, with me in it.

In the future, I will try not to forget to unplug the extension cord. If I do forget, I will replace both the adapter and the power port immediately, instead of ignoring the situation like I did last time.

Now that I think about it, I am going to order a spare set so I can carry them around with me as spares.
featherliteCT1
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby MickinOz » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:11 pm

twisted lines wrote:
MickinOz wrote:My mate Euro decided that the automatic gate we installed for him warranted a party.
So it was last night.

Should have left the gate closed :lol:

Haha, never thought of that.
The story gets better.
One of the local detective sergeants also plays in a band, and his band has played at one of Euro's parties.
The cops would have been worried they were going to have to tell the boss off, I reckon. :lol:
MickinOz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Location: Somewhere, in 379,725 square miles of South Australia

Postby KCStudly » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:23 pm

My Jeep has block and oil pan heaters that I plug in for low overnight temperatures. To idiot proof this to make sure I don't rush out of the house on my way to work the next morning and forget to unplug it, I use a sufficiently long extension cord and route it over the driver's side mirror. I'd be a real idiot if I managed to get into the Jeep with that there, even if it gets covered by snow.

So it seems that a better solution than just trying to remember better, or carrying spares that may or may not protect your camper from damage, would be to route the extension cord around the hitch; so you can't hook to tow w/o being reminded to unplug. Alternatively, if you want to stay hitched while plugged in, wrap the cord around your driver's side mirror.
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

Postby featherliteCT1 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:25 pm

KCStudly wrote: route the extension cord around the hitch; .

Good idea!
featherliteCT1
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby KCStudly » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:32 pm

:thumbsup:
It's one of those simple solutions that is so simple it seems brilliant if you hadn't thought of it.

Happy to share.
KC
My Build: The Poet Creek Express Hybrid Foamie

Poet Creek Or Bust
Engineering the TLAR way - "That Looks About Right"
TnTTT ORIGINAL 200A LANTERN CLUB = "The 200A Gang"
Green Lantern Corpsmen
KCStudly
Donating Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion