Tony Latham's Teardrop book Idea = Thank You

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Tony Latham's Teardrop book Idea = Thank You

Postby gudmund » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:04 pm

one of the idea suggestion's I found on p172 of Tony's Teardrop build book that caught my eye and got my 'got to have it' mind thinking was his "Flash Light" holder idea. One big problem for me = I am not a wood person as far doing 'nice' finish work (am OK at doing the
rough -make do- work with a bit of a 'cover up' finish to make do - but with a nice finish?? not me... Well the other day when digging though some miscellaneous 'stored' STUFF = what I found, from left over from a 'prior' project = 2 - 'Mini Quick Fist' rubber clamps sized for 5/8in to 1 3/8in which are 'perfectly' sized for the 2 "As seen on TV" Atomic flashlights I already own. I mounted one on each side of the overhead headboard/shelf in my tear and YES!! They work GREAT!! - can now just reach inside from either side door and grab a flashlight - whenever needed at any time - can also just reach up - when inside and turn-on extra light when wanted ........ So as to give credit, when credit is due!! Thank You - Tony Latham - for giving me the idea that I will be -hence forth- crediting to you as being the one who I "stole" the idea from!!!!!! :worship: ...........take care.... mini Quick Fist" rubber clamp's - pk of 2 on Amazon for $11...... 162441and yes, they are 'made in USA' :thumbsup:
gudmund
500 Club

Re: Tony Latham's Teardrop book Idea = Thank You

Postby Modstock » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:48 pm

Thanks for passing it along. Great tip.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk
Modstock
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby klauswoolhouse » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:11 am

Nice! Where did you get a flashlight like this from? Is it on Amazon?
I want to have a collection of good flashlights just in case, but I don’t want to order them all from one place because I want to compare them and see which one is the best. I already have a brilliantly bright flashlight from Amazon that can work for more than 20 000 hours.
But I would like to get at least two more to make a comparison video for my youtube channel. I have 1000 followers there and hope such a video will attract more people to my channel because people like such videos.
Last edited by klauswoolhouse on Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
klauswoolhouse
Teardrop Inspector

Postby gudmund » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:53 pm

they are on Amazon along with the rechargeable batteries = very affordable, I carry extra batteries with me when camping (have 4 of them mounted in my trailer - one just inside each door along with the other two inside the galley - one right, one left..........the "Mini Quik Fist" rubber mounting clamp's are also on Amazon.169227 veiw of one mounted inside my trailer w/lite turned on = they work "GREAT"!!
gudmund
500 Club

Postby tony.latham » Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:43 pm

Anyone wondering...

:oops:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Return to General Discussion