Windows

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Windows

Postby RJ Howell » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:10 am

Have a new project starting soon and pricing out parts. I've found a couple 'better' priced suppliers, yet not any really good priced ones.

Where you all buying from?

Also curious if anyone has a C.R. Laurence Co. account. Is it worth going for?
RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Windows

Postby tony.latham » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:43 am

Vintage Technologies.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby RJ Howell » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:25 am

tony.latham wrote:

Vintage Technologies.

Tony

Thank you! They seem a little higher than Michigan RV Outfitters, yet if they free ship they could be comparable. I shot them an email and asked about shipping.
RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Tomterrific » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:01 pm

I did not use modern RV windows as I was going for a vintage look. I found jàlousie windows for play houses that fit the look I was going for. They were inexpensive and the glass is tempered for safety.

Tt
Tomterrific
500 Club

Postby RJ Howell » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:44 am

RJ Howell wrote:
tony.latham wrote:

Vintage Technologies.

Tony

Thank you! They seem a little higher than Michigan RV Outfitters, yet if they free ship they could be comparable. I shot them an email and asked about shipping.

Just heard back. Shipping 'is' included in their pricing.

I just checked Alibaba and see some pretty good pricing, until shipping comes into play. Have to wait a month and shipping $$ are high for just a couple windows..
RJ Howell
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TimC » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:57 am

I just rec'd a response from Frank Bear (Vintage Tech) about local pick up. You can save 10% if you pick up in Union City.

Not ideal for most folks but we are planning a trip in a couple weeks to Kalamazoo and its a quick jaunt over to Union City.

Update... even though I offered to pay two weeks in advance of local pickup by mailing a check in plenty of time for it to clear, Vin. Tech will not take a check. So the 10% off is only if you show up with cash and hope the doors you want are in stock. Use a debit card and you lose the discount.

So now I am looking further into the diy door option. I've built doors and they have worked OK. Just have to research foamie door builds. Haven't given up on the VT doors yet as they sure simplify building but winter is approaching and...
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby dbhosttexas » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:59 pm

What sort of windows are you going for? Do you have a reasonably local RV wrecking yard? There is no shortage of modern RVs that are being scrapped out and pull out parts can be cheap. Depending on what exactly you need, you can source up the parts you need without breaking the bank.
dbhosttexas
The 300 Club

Return to General Discussion