Help to value trailer please

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: Help to value trailer please

Postby 48Rob » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:21 am

Great idea Danny!

The mattress in it is a custom made full size innerspring, but...it is used. I was planning on a brand new toilet for sure ;)

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby 48Rob » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:31 am

I've been thinking in the $25K range for a while, but was unsure because of it's age and the minor wear and tear. Hearing some of the higher numbers here is exciting if nothing else! :) Prices for about everything are really climbing. Getting the word out nation, or world wide through social media seems a solid approach. I have been watching local and national pricing, and there are a lot of so-so trailers, and a scant few higher quality ones. One off designs are a challenge to value.

Rob
Waiting for "someday" will leave you on your deathbed wondering why you didn't just rearrange your priorities and enjoy the time you had, instead of waiting for a "better" time to come along...
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby noseoil » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:03 pm

Thinking you should look at vintage & higher end teardrops to get a relative market value. I would ask $29,000 & see what you get in offers. A classic car show or other venue would be the logical place in the market for a guy with a nice Woody or custom ride to use for a tow vehicle. $25-$30 with a bit of patience & luck should work well enough.
Build log: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=60248
The time you spend planning is more important than the time you spend building.........

noseoil
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby John61CT » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:49 pm

Yes you have something very unusual, if not unique.

There really is so many hoarded billions sloshing around, unproductive trustfundy failsons looking for Instagram fodder

The premium between "just good" and "really special" has just been skyrocketing.

The key is getting the word out, social media marketing. People traveling to pick it up will be no barrier
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby friz » Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:09 pm

John61CT wrote:Yes you have something very unusual, if not unique.

There really is so many hoarded billions sloshing around, unproductive trustfundy failsons looking for Instagram fodder

The premium between "just good" and "really special" has just been skyrocketing.

The key is getting the word out, social media marketing. People traveling to pick it up will be no barrier
If you can get Elon Musk to tweet about it. You wight be able to retire.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby MickinOz » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:53 pm

Mate, it is a work of art.
Works of art should go to auction.
The right auction of course. Probably wouldn't attract any quality buyers if was sitting in a yard full of old concrete trucks or something.
But I do wonder how it would go in a classic car auction.
MickinOz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Location: Somewhere, in 379,725 square miles of South Australia

Postby Cosmo » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:28 pm

High end commercial trailers like camp-Inn and Vistabule have no problem hitting $25K fully configured. I would guestimate $35K. Its a beauty!

=Cosmo

FUN WITH TEARDROP TRAILER VIDEOS
https://www.youtube.com/CosmoWeems/videos

I am an Amazon Associate if you buy from my links I may profit at no cost to you!
Cosmo
The 300 Club

Postby 48Rob » Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:02 am

Thanks to all of you for your estimates and opinions :thumbsup:

I will start researching the best ways to advertise the trailer and then get it out there in the spring. I'll let you know how it all works out.
Meanwhile, if there is someone out there who is good at flipping trailers and would like to make an offer between now and then, I'll certainly consider it.

Rob
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby robfisher » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:06 am

Rob,
Your Cabin Car is top shelf. It's got to be in that $35,000 range, probably higher. The difficult part is marketing.

Maybe something like"Cool Tears" or "Vintage Trailers" or possibly "Hemmings" would be good places to advertise.

Good Luck, Sure wish it was in my stable.
Rob Fisher
robfisher
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby John61CT » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:29 am

Showing up at events with it in stellar showroom condition, fresh cooked apple pie smell

you are very likely to get an inspired idiot.

Race car enthusiasts, boat shows, tiny homes convention...
John61CT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby 48Rob » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:43 am

Rob and John,

Thank you for your thoughts and advice. National coverage seems a must. Tiny home shows/tiny home world, now that is one I hadn't considered.
If these folks are spending $80K+ this might be appealing at a fraction of the cost :)
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby Playtym » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:59 pm

Hello Rob, You might try to market your "Baby" on the Bring a Trailer website. It is an auction site where you can set a blind minimum acceptable value. The site focuses on automobiles, but I have seen trailers, boats and other motion related items there. It may not turn out to be the correct avenue, but it does offer international exposure. The right presentation could really drive up the value.

Good Luck!
Buff Little
Buff & Sherry's Snuggle Hut
Playtym
Teardrop Inspector

Postby 48Rob » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:39 pm

Thanks Buff!

Several others have suggested B.A.T. as well.
It is currently my top choice platform. :thumbsup:

Rob
48Rob
Super Lifetime Member

Postby rainjer » Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:45 am

Rob - I recently sols my teardrop and a vintage Fiberglass trailer. Both were hard to comp. I finally decided on a price I could live with and then added 20% to give me some bargaining room. It turned out I had so much interest I sold both for the price I listed it for. I was very happy.

In your case you have a home built, resto-mod trailer. That makes it hard to price since there are no comps. You are going to have to do the same thing as I did and just decide on a price that you can live with. In the end the market will actually dictate the price. List it higher than the price you feel comfortable with and see what happens.

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Previous

Return to General Discussion