Custom covers

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Custom covers

Postby oakinteriors1 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:00 am

Who builds custom covers? I have a 5x10 Benroy design….
oakinteriors1
Silver Donating Member

Re: Custom covers

Postby gudmund » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:13 am

"Classic Accessories" makes 3 different sized teardrop covers 8ft, 8-10ft, & a 10-12ft. my tear is a 5x8 Benroy shaped and am using their 8-10ft version one. They have 2 different versions -both made in same 3 sizes with the cheaper one being made of a layered paper, and the more $$$ one being made of ripstop nylon. (for not much more $$ with a better warranty for the better one.) I used the cheaper one for the 3 years it was warrantied for - I have the better one now and it has been doing just fine and fits well - It looks to be very well made and is holding well way better than the first on. Is about $135 for the 8-10ft one on Amazon for the better made one and probably higher for the 10-12ft one. They both came with roof vents with a backend zippered panel along with a passenger sidedoor opening panel..... (and about $100 for the cheaper one.157249
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Captain Monkeyshines » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:31 pm

We bought a cover for a Cadillac Escalade. It covers our 5x10 Benroy nicely

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
“When You're Alone”
When you're in the kitchen, you've got to behave
You don't put metal in the microwave
The knobs on the stove are “hands off” no doubt
And when you make toast, don't use a knife to fish it out!
When you're alone, when you're alone
You got to stay safe when you're home all alone.
When you're alone, when you're home all alone
You got to make sure not to die, or choke or burn the house down.
Captain Monkeyshines
Teardrop Advisor

Postby nbcarey » Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:06 pm

deanepersson wrote:Did you find the right person to build a cover for you? I'm looking for a custom cover for my trailer too. I will spend the entire winter outside and want it to be protected from outside impact. I already have a travel trailer winter cover, but it's more like a car cover. It's nice and multilayered, so it helps to protect the trailer from the sun, rain, and dust. It also allows the trailer to dry even when covered. But I need something more robust and reliable.

This cover should be custom-made, covering the entire trailer surface and protecting it from heavy snow and rust.

Any shop that does boat canvas could seam up a custom cover for a teardrop. Easy work compared to a boat cover of sail covers.

For instance, googling for "boat canvas Missouri" and this guy shows up as one of the top 2 results.

https://canvasmanllc.com/

One thing you might want to have the canvas shop build in is a way to access the trailer without removing the entire cover. Maybe some foam stand-offs so there's some ventilation between the cover and the hull.
nbcarey
Teardrop Builder

Postby Modstock » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:57 am

Or look at your local upholstery shop.

Sent from my SM-A115AP using Tapatalk
Modstock
1000 Club
1000 Club

Return to General Discussion