Partner Stove Questions

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Partner Stove Questions

Postby Capebuild » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:21 pm

I'm currently build a sliding drawer set up to mount a Partner Stove on. The set up is somewhat similar to what Tony Latham has. My setup will differ slightly in that the stove will be mounted on a sliding panel which will be mounted on a drawer. The reason for the sliding panel is so that when you completely pull out the drawer the stove will then be able to slide out another 4 inches to clear the counter top and allow the wind deflector panel to fully open. Having never seen a partner stove I have a couple of questions for those who do and may be able to help answer a few questions:

1) I see on the Partner website the stove is 3.5 inches in height. Is it really that measurement? Just want to make sure.
2) Does the stove have a totally flat bottom or does it have any little bump outs to slightly raise it off the surface it sits on?
3) If the stove sits on a wood panel, is there any heat that would "migrate" to the wood panel causing a combustible or scorching situation? I assume not, but had to ask.
and ...4) would there be any problem creating 4 holes in the stove's bottom to mount the stove to the sliding wood panel?

Thanks very much for any insights......

John
"Success can be defined as moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm".... Churchill

Visit my Teardrop build here: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=73779
Capebuild
Donating Member

Re: Partner Stove Questions

Postby Tom&Shelly » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:19 pm

Hi John,

Capebuild wrote:1) I see on the Partner website the stove is 3.5 inches in height. Is it really that measurement? Just want to make sure.
2) Does the stove have a totally flat bottom or does it have any little bump outs to slightly raise it off the surface it sits on?
3) If the stove sits on a wood panel, is there any heat that would "migrate" to the wood panel causing a combustible or scorching situation? I assume not, but had to ask.
and ...4) would there be any problem creating 4 holes in the stove's bottom to mount the stove to the sliding wood panel?

1. Yes, it is 3.5 inches with the lid closed.
2. The bottom is flat. There are three rivets that seemed to be ground down, so they don't protrude. (Just noticed a couple of the rivets on the top do protrude, adding maybe 1/16th inch to the 3.5 inches.)
3. We haven't tried ours long enough to know the answer to that one. (We'll be using it on an aluminum table, so we didn't think of the question.)
4. None that I can see. It is 1/16th inch aluminum, so should be easy to drill.

Hope that helps!

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:29 pm

1. Yes, it is 3.5 inches with the lid closed.

Tom, thanks for saving me from having to put on my headlamp and disappear into the 11º night. Perhaps never to return. :shock:

I mounted mine by drilling four holes and screwing it to the plyood. No issues. I think the aluminum disperses the heat.

You might note that I removed the handle from the front and remounted it as a slider handle on the left side.

:thinking:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tom&Shelly » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:03 pm

tony.latham wrote:Tom, thanks for saving me from having to put on my headlamp and disappear into the 11º night. Perhaps never to return. :shock:

Tony

:thumbsup:

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby Capebuild » Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:49 pm

Thanks very much, Tom and Tony......
with those questions answered, moving full speed ahead.
thanks, again!!

John
"Success can be defined as moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm".... Churchill

Visit my Teardrop build here: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=73779
Capebuild
Donating Member

Return to General Discussion