Dave's back and the foamie build is in process.

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Dave's back and the foamie build is in process.

Postby daveesl77 » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:30 pm

Well, it has been a couple of years since I last posted. Lots happened, some good (new grandkids), some bad (health thing, no covid, but at least it is ok now). Love West Virginia more now than when we moved here 4 years ago. Conch Fritter is gone, as in I made some mistakes in her construction gone. But, many of the things I used in her I will be using in the new build.

This one is a full-fledged foamie. It is also a "convertible semi-tardis". I'll be pulling it with a Kia Soul, so it has to be light and have a low drag. I think I've hit on both of those. It also has to have enough room for wifey, beagle, cat and me. Once again, the new design looks like a winner. In towing mode it will be 4.5' wide, 8' long and 32 inches tall. When in camping mode, floor width is the same, but then the expansion starts. It will be 6' wide, 6'1" tall and still 8 feet long. I'm still targeting the look of a 1950s sci-fi rocket ship when it is in the towing mode.

I'll post some pics this week on the build. Still using the same HF frame that I beefed up for the Conch Fritter. I've finished cutting out the bottom section - floor, side and front walls. These will all notch together. I should be able to glue them together this weekend.

It is great to be back.

dave
Dave and Regina - Enjoying old age, a LOT!

Build Journal - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62386
daveesl77
Donating Member

Re: Dave's back and the foamie build is in process.

Postby GPW » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:30 am

Great to have you back Dave, can’t wait to see your new Foamie Tardis !!! 8) :thumbsup:
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Mikel46516 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:31 pm

Welcome back Dave. Let's see the progress. :twisted:
Mikel46516
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Greg M » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:04 am

Are you done yet? :lol:
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
Greg M
*Geek Extraordinaire

Return to General Discussion