So if gas was not a problem were would you like to go fishin

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Re: So if gas was not a problem were would you like to go fi

Postby TimC » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:48 pm

friz wrote:...You heard what that leads to, didn't you? One minute you are drilling a hole in the ice. Next thing you know, you are doing unspeakable things for money.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bwhahahaha! That guy had a vivid imagination didn't he?

My son-in-law asked me to leave my ice fishing gear to him in my will. I'll have to give some thought to where that will lead!
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby MickinOz » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:19 am

Couldn't find my digital fishing photos.
Found this photo of me and my mate Don back in the day. When I was 65 pounds lighter.
Coincidentally, 65 pounds is about what those 3 fish weighed. The drop still fires, Just waiting for the ban to end.

Donny won't be there, he passed away from pancreatic cancer a couple months after this photo.
This trip was a "bucket list" item for him.

"I've never caught a legal snapper let alone a trophy fish," he said at work one day.
"What you doing after work tonight?" I asked.
There he was, hooked up to that middle fish (26 pounds) with 50 pound line, the waves were kicking arse in the moonlight, and I was hanging on to the belt of his morphine pump.
Didn't wanna tell his missus I'd lost him over the side. :shock:
He got her in. I think I was more excited than him.
Donny and me.JPG
Donny and me.JPG (37.99 KiB) Viewed 391 times
MickinOz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Location: Somewhere, in 379,725 square miles of South Australia

Postby mnjeepguy » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:03 pm

You know...my trailer was supposed to be 4 wheeling, but this gives me an idea. I'll have to get another rod and reel. Wouldn't mind a quiet day or two shore fishing in places people can't normally get to.

Also, I did the math on the gas difference. Nothing I have planned will be stopped. I am fortunate, yes. My plans also don't happen to be cross country grand plans, just getting away with the pup and enjoying nature.
mnjeepguy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby MickinOz » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:53 pm

For those interested, I just paid $A1.95 per litre for diesel. I worked that out to be $5.36 US per US gallon.
Very painful. I do wish Vlad the Invader would pack up his hordes and go home to Rooshia and give the world some chance of returning to normaal.
MickinOz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TimC » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:22 pm

MickinOz wrote:For those interested, I just paid $A1.95 per litre for diesel. I worked that out to be $5.36 US per US gallon.
Very painful. I do wish Vlad the Invader would pack up his hordes and go home to Rooshia and give the world some chance of returning to normaal.

On a trip to Ireland with my daughter in 2008 when unleaded was over $4/gallon we paid about $8.50 per gallon all over the island. It really put into perspective how "cheap" gas is in the states.
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby Modstock » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:21 am

Before gas prices went up, I already decided to scale down my trip, see things a bit closer to home and stay away from overcrowded southern Utah.
Fishing isn't hampered at all.

Sent from my SM-A115AP using Tapatalk
Modstock
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby friz » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:16 am

I have world class bike trails and fishing, 40 minutes from my home. I even got to paddle around some visibly annoyed pro fishermen engaged in a tournament last year. I was doing them a favor. The cove I camp on is horribly overfished. It is the best looking spot closest the boat ramp. If you book a guided fishing tour on the cheap. That's where you fish. They parade by my campsite every morning throwing huge lures and catching nothing.

Since I don't need hook ups, I don't even need to make reservations. All the sites with hook ups are booked through the year before the end of Dec the previous year.

Almost hate to mention it. I'm afraid too many people will figure out my formula for camping nirvana and crowd me out.

The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby Tom&Shelly » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:15 pm

OK, enough is enough. I called an old Air Force buddy this morning, who happens to be a prince in the United Arab Emirates, and told him gas prices are getting out of hand. He told me he will see what he can do...

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby rjgimp » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:15 pm

Tom&Shelly wrote:I called...
Tom

Attaboy. I knew there was a reason we kept you around here. :R
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby Sparksalot » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:27 pm

Tom&Shelly wrote:OK, enough is enough. I called an old Air Force buddy this morning, who happens to be a prince in the United Arab Emirates, and told him gas prices are getting out of hand. He told me he will see what he can do...

Tom

:thumbsup:
Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

The Compass Rose build thread: viewtopic.php?t=23213

Inspiration: http://tnttt.com/Design_Library/Trailer%20for%20Two.htm

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby slowcowboy » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:01 am

I am thinking of new fork river in pinedale walk the winds 2019 and a certain rock..a high crawler..12 noon when the fish stop hitting after I get 5 lures to the trees and the river on a,wet year that was over flowing pure foam..on run off and a 10 inch brook trout hook on a spinning rod with a fly reel my normal brook trout rig and yup Gods miricale at high noon a 10 inch bow!.....i am now after 7 trips in 7 years to pinedale hooked....wink....but for me yea fuel price this summer....probaly yup yellow ford car my blow up float tube the old fashion 1980s tonight snapped round belly boat. In the back seat my leaking chest waders and my flippers and off to a irrgation lake 30 miles away by Shoshone with the 2 spinning rod I lost one of my best rods in the lake in 020..taking my last perch off...ya.020.was pure nuts even my fishing that year....and then yellow car in a pickup road into above lander and a 2 mile up hill hike in to the normal moutain creek to bush wack at early moring though the willows and rocks to go catch brookys..sardine size and some decedent sizes with the last 2 years...hopefully get my boat on bass lake this year if I can find the mula for the desil and hoping for at least one teardrop campung trip above lander other than praying to make pinedale this year...for the annual gathering....slow.
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
Teardrop Inspector

Postby MickinOz » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:52 pm

Last Tuesday, I got diesel at $1.95 per litre. If I wanted to buy it this Tuesday, it'd be $2.22.
11.4% increase in a week. Now sitting at US $6.10 per US Gallon.
A gas station owner was just on the radio saying the wholesale price rises saw a the cost of a tanker of fuel (22,000L I think) go up $6500 from one week to the next.
MickinOz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Staryder61 » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:10 pm

MickinOz wrote:Couldn't find my digital fishing photos.
Found this photo of me and my mate Don back in the day. When I was 65 pounds lighter.
Coincidentally, 65 pounds is about what those 3 fish weighed. The drop still fires, Just waiting for the ban to end.

Donny won't be there, he passed away from pancreatic cancer a couple months after this photo.
This trip was a "bucket list" item for him.

"I've never caught a legal snapper let alone a trophy fish," he said at work one day.
"What you doing after work tonight?" I asked.
There he was, hooked up to that middle fish (26 pounds) with 50 pound line, the waves were kicking arse in the moonlight, and I was hanging on to the belt of his morphine pump.
Didn't wanna tell his missus I'd lost him over the side. :shock:
He got her in. I think I was more excited than him.
Donny and me.JPG

Great fish there mick, and your memory with Donny for sure. :thumbsup:
I have never caught anything that size here in the states on rod and reel. Different story with catfish on throw lines, over several years, have caught a 22 pound, 24.5 on those throw lines and a 33 pound catfish while wadding, grabbing along the bank of a river..

And gas just lowered to $3.79 gal here, let's go fishing. :thinking:
Stay safe, David

Our CTC
6' X 12' CTC = Texas Sized Tackle Box
http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=74704
Staryder61
Silver Donating Member

Postby twisted lines » Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:53 pm

11 Miles If I catch a fish, post a picture of only the fish, would be giving up my spot.
How many have a option of using two rods each?
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby friz » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:21 am

twisted lines wrote:11 Miles If I catch a fish, post a picture of only the fish, would be giving up my spot.
How many have a option of using two rods each?
Rod holders for two! I'm excited about fishing out of the kayaks this year.ImageImage

The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion