So if gas was not a problem were would you like to go fishin

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

So if gas was not a problem were would you like to go fishin

Postby slowcowboy » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:01 am

Slow here...still here I get on the forum every day but don't bother switching phones to be able to comment..havent got around to setting up a new account yet...not sure what really happened in December or why all my posts for 10 years simply vanished....but still planning on coming to pinedale in August. If i can cone up with the money for fuel...crazy year 425 on desil here in wyoming this year so it's akready 100 bucks or better for 300 miles...been in the shop this winter rebuilding my tears door again..the trim wouldn't fit after my temporary repair job last fall to butt in it up for the winter..i had to grind some of the door trim down with the welding angle grinder and I am now bedding it up with bolts and aluniom flat strap....so,...how many still plan to even come out west in theses crazy times again this year?????....slow still here...not really going any were...
Plans. there was supposed to be plans to be followed when I built this thing. Opps! AH, gee, tum,tee tum. I think I forgot about the plans 2 years ago. ------Tow vehicles, 1995 ford explore, 1994 ford ranger, 1993 ford F-150, 2009 4x9 Off road teardrop, on harbor freight greatly modified frame.
slowcowboy
Teardrop Inspector

Re: So if gas was not a problem were would you like to go fi

Postby GPW » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:30 am

SC, best go fishing locally till the gas prices get sorted out !!! ;)
There’s no place like Foam !
GPW
Gold Donating Member

Postby Gulfcoast » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:48 am

Any where I can catch a smallmouth bass.
6x12 cargo trailer - Mini Split A/C - Starlink - TMobile home internet
Gulfcoast
Teardrop Master

Postby Sparksalot » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:41 am

Somewhere near this place.

Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

The Compass Rose build thread: viewtopic.php?t=23213

Inspiration: http://tnttt.com/Design_Library/Trailer%20for%20Two.htm

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby twisted lines » Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:57 am

Crater lake, but gas is only part of that problem!
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Philip » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:27 am

Sorry guys. I don't fish. When I do it is at Red Lobster. The good part about that my favorite fishing hole has locations all over the U.S.A.

:lol:
Philip
Silver Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:28 am

Well... I'd swallow the gas price and go... but there's still 3' of snow up yonder.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Sparksalot » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:37 pm

tony.latham wrote:Well... I'd swallow the gas price and go... but there's still 3' of snow up yonder.

Tony

:lol:
Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

The Compass Rose build thread: viewtopic.php?t=23213

Inspiration: http://tnttt.com/Design_Library/Trailer%20for%20Two.htm

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Postby friz » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:33 pm

At 30 mpg, gas price is not a problem. This is a nice spot just a gallon or two from home. Fish tacos and Raspberry Blonde Ale. Doesn't get any better.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Last edited by friz on Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby twisted lines » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:54 pm

Wallowa lake, Records may happen :o
I think this guy has the last two.
Attachments
Koke.JPG
Koke.JPG (37.4 KiB) Viewed 260 times
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby TimC » Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:58 pm

Fish tacos Friz?

I'll be sticking close to home, N. Wisco or the UP. Some beautiful spots to catch some walleyes, perch, crappies...
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby rjgimp » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:10 pm

Many of you who live south of the Mason-Dixon line may be unaware that we northerners are able to walk on water for at least a few months out of the year. It is common practice to drill holes in the... <ahem> 'frozen water' and drop a line through.

Many years ago when I was just a young'un (early 20s or so) I did just that with some of my uncles and cousins. There had been an early hard freeze that year but almost no snow, so the "solid water" atop the lake was about 6"-8" thick and crystal clear. As we strolled out onto the lake we could see right through about 8 feet to the lake bottom. It was as if we were standing in an enormous glass-bottom boat! We wee able to see all the structure and drop a line down and watch the fish take the bait and pull against the line. It was a fantastic experience I had never seen before and haven't seen since.
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby friz » Mon Mar 07, 2022 2:52 pm

TimC wrote:Fish tacos Friz?

I'll be sticking close to home, N. Wisco or the UP. Some beautiful spots to catch some walleyes, perch, crappies...
You betcha!

The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby friz » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:50 pm

rjgimp wrote:Many of you who live south of the Mason-Dixon line may be unaware that we northerners are able to walk on water for at least a few months out of the year. It is common practice to drill holes in the... <ahem> 'frozen water' and drop a line through.

Many years ago when I was just a young'un (early 20s or so) I did just that with some of my uncles and cousins. There had been an early hard freeze that year but almost no snow, so the "solid water" atop the lake was about 6"-8" thick and crystal clear. As we strolled out onto the lake we could see right through about 8 feet to the lake bottom. It was as if we were standing in an enormous glass-bottom boat! We wee able to see all the structure and drop a line down and watch the fish take the bait and pull against the line. It was a fantastic experience I had never seen before and haven't seen since.
You heard what that leads to, didn't you? One minute you are drilling a hole in the ice. Next thing you know, you are doing unspeakable things for money.

The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby MickinOz » Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:43 pm

I have a little spot I enjoy that requires 6 US gallons there and back. At today's prices, that would be $50 AUS.
It's in the Upper Spencer Gulf, South Australia.
The largest fish ever to come over the side on this drop was 26 pounds. The largest catch was 35 fish in 2 hours of fishing.
We have a fish here called snapper. Largest I've seen/heard of was 40 pounds, but a twenty pounder is considered a trophy fish.

Can get a bit hairy at times. One trip we never stood up in the boat the whole time, we were kneeling on the floor handlining fish.
Finally decided it was time to go home when green water came over the cab and dumped on our heads.
Still remember the trip home, crossing 9 miles of bay took two hours with water and fish sloshing around our ankles all the way.
I finally got around to installing a bilge pump after that trip.

The stopper for me is the three year moratorium on catching snapper. It ends January 2023.
My fishing mates tell me the Gulf is alive with mid-size fish. Can hardly wait.
MickinOz
1000 Club
1000 Club

Location: Somewhere, in 379,725 square miles of South Australia

Next

Return to General Discussion