Quality good used RV parts in Calgary area

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Quality good used RV parts in Calgary area

Postby saican » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:26 am

Hello,
Is there is any one sell good used Travel trailer parts in Calgary area i need some windows for my camper, I bought some windows which are for 2 inch wall but i am looking to build a 3/4 inch wall camper please post the links or information if someone know a store in Calgary area.
Thanks
saican
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Quality good used RV parts in Calgary area

Postby GTS225 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:54 pm

Saican; Might I suggest you consider using those windows anyway? You could cut some accent pieces for both inside and outside, sandwich them between the window and your 3/4" wall, thus giving the exterior a little texture, and could even paint them to enhance your final paint scheme. 5/8 plywood would be the correct thickness to do just that.

Just a suggestion.....Roger
GTS225
Teardrop Master

Postby saican » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:12 pm

GTS225 wrote:Saican; Might I suggest you consider using those windows anyway? You could cut some accent pieces for both inside and outside, sandwich them between the window and your 3/4" wall, thus giving the exterior a little texture, and could even paint them to enhance your final paint scheme. 5/8 plywood would be the correct thickness to do just that.

Just a suggestion.....Roger

Thanks Roger,i have thought same way since i am building new frame i will build 2 inch wall so i can fit these windows.
saican
Teardrop Inspector

Postby GTS225 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:11 am

Well, I wasn't suggesting the entire wall be 2 inches thick. Just the area around your intended window mounting points. A shape that might be vintage, but just a spacer, (if you will), that allows you to mount the thick window to a thinner wall structure. You can use the shape of the spacer as a "back-dating feature" to enhance the overall appearance, especially if you paint it a contrasting or accenting color.

Just my 2-pence.....Roger
GTS225
Teardrop Master

Return to General Discussion