rear view wireless camera for little guy 5 wide rv

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

rear view wireless camera for little guy 5 wide rv

Postby davidreidok » Sun Dec 11, 2022 11:49 am

I am interested in buying a wireless 12 volt camera system for my 2012 little guy 5 wide teardrop.

Just saw an advertisement for these systems and looking for feedback on recommended brands.

Would like to have it on while driving on the highway and for sure when backing up.

Would like feedback on how to power the camera. Do you have to wire it into the tail lights or could you just plug it into the cigar lighter outlet up in the rear cooking compartment ?

Thanks for the feedback.
davidreidok
Teardrop Builder

Re: rear view wireless camera for little guy 5 wide rv

Postby steve cowan » Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:50 pm

Could do it either way.Plugging into 12 volt socket would use teardrop battery or using tail light to power would use vehicles power which would require running lights on to work.I used a wired camera because of spotty reviews of wireless camera but they may have better reviews now.
steve cowan
Donating Member

Postby davidreidok » Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:16 am

based on feedback from another RV owner with the backup camera, I ordered a Haloview MC7108 unit. When I do the install I will post results. Looked at the Little Guy 5 wide yesterday. Not sure exactly where to mount the rear view camera but will most likely pull power from a rear tail light or side mount light.
davidreidok
Teardrop Builder

Postby Shadow Catcher » Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:53 pm

We are on our third system. the previous two had interference from cell phone towers. Do you have any idea how many of them there are :roll:
One of them had a camera that leaked and would fog up inside. The third one is a Halo View no interference works very well. Powered by the central marker lights.
https://www.haloview.com/haloview-mc7108-7-inch-720p-hd-digital-wireless-rear-view-camera-system.html
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby davidreidok » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:01 pm

that is the same unit I have
I ended up using the 12 volt cigar lighter plug in the hatch. ran the wire down to the bottom of the hatch door and the wire goes in between the hatch rubber tubing. I did not want to drill a hole in the top of the teardrop.
davidreidok
Teardrop Builder

Return to General Discussion