little guy 5 wide teardrop side marker light

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

little guy 5 wide teardrop side marker light

Postby davidreidok » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:27 am

hopefully, my last step to install a wireless rear view camera to my teardrop.
I am installing a wireless rear camera system to my little guy 5 wide 2012 model

The system is wireless blue tooth I think, but the rear camera needs 12 volt power.  The instructions recommend patching into a side marker light.  Instructions say just pop off the side marker light cover to get to the wiring.  I just looked at my teardrop and attempted to pop off the cover.  But no luck.  Looks like the entire light does not pop out or I may have not done the proper technique to get the cover off.  I do not want to damage the cover by application of too much force.  Has any one got into the side marker light unit and can help me out ?

Appreciate any help.
davidreidok
Teardrop Builder

Re: little guy 5 wide teardrop side marker light

Postby Onajourney » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:53 pm

I think the directions are putting you on the wrong path. If you get the power for your BU camera from the marker lights, which probably doesn't have a removable cover anyhow, the camera will only work when the parking lights are on. So you will need to get constant power elsewhere if you don't want to keep the lights on during the day.
Onajourney
Teardrop Master

Re: little guy 5 wide teardrop side marker light

Postby davidreidok » Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:08 am

On this particular tear drop, I agree.
I went over the side marker lights in detail and for what ever reason these side marker lights are glued on. I could not find inside access either. They are LED bulbs so the OEM folks bet they would never need removal.

Ordered a gizmo from Amazon to use the cigar lighter inside the rear hatch to get 12 volt power. I will have the tow vehicle hooked up and it is a 7 pin connection so the little guy battery should be recharged as I tow.

Appreciate the feedback.

dave
davidreidok
Teardrop Builder

Return to General Discussion