Solo stove - mounted to teardrop?

General Discussion about almost anything Teardrop or camping related

Solo stove - mounted to teardrop?

Postby caustic_potato » Mon May 08, 2023 7:22 pm

Has anyone ever mounted a Solo stove to their teardrop? We bring ours along often and have always just put it in our car for travel, but am now wondering if there might be a way to mount it on the side (or front end) of our trailer -- like a propane tank. Just need to figure out a bracket/attachment set up, and thus my question. Hoping to see if anyone else has done it already, or has any ideas to do so. The stove we'd want to mount is 15 inches in diameter, so wouldn't fit in a standard propane tank bracket.

(Brand new to the forum. New owner of a not-new teardrop.)
caustic_potato
Teardrop Inspector

Re: Solo stove - mounted to teardrop?

Postby gudmund » Mon May 08, 2023 9:48 pm

you might check out 'Fleming Sales' swing arm griddle mounting tables they make for mounting on the rear bumper of full-sized RV's. I am using one of theirs on the rear of my teardrop that I adapted into it's receiver hitch mount - they make two different versions of it - one with a fixed 12x24in table (which is what I am using) and their older version, which has a removable 14x21in table that you store away when not in use. Amazon carries them or you can order one directly from Fleming Sales. I like it being it gets the stove away from the back galley area - putting it angled to the side corner of my trailer thus giving me a lot more access from either side when using my stove. It also opens up my galley area for much more access getting the stove away from the galley area. I can also use it in it's stored position when traveling down the road - makes for a good food prep table when stopped along the way (keeps the food prep 'mess' outside the trailer galley when doing clean-up) :thumbsup:
168397 stored when traveling 168399 extended out for using the stove (the stove's 1gal propane tank is mounted just ahead of the galley on the pass-side of the trailer - behind the trailer tire......) 166577 here you can see it's mounted propane tank with the table parked for travel.
gudmund
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby caustic_potato » Tue May 09, 2023 7:43 am

Love that set up -- we have a "poor man's version" but one day I'd like to graduate to something more proper ;-)

As far as my question goes, I probably should have given more information. Whoops. The solo stove is a "portable fire pit" -- round/cylindrical. see: solostove.com (sorry, can't figure out images/links!)

So i'm looking for something that has a base to set it on and then straps to secure it. It's larger than a propane tank (at least in diameter, not in height), so I'm thinking one of those wouldn't work. Hoping maybe someone else has done this already and I can "steal" their solution!
caustic_potato
Teardrop Inspector

Postby gudmund » Tue May 09, 2023 1:41 pm

have seen pictures of the 'Solo stove' but did not realize the size diameter of it....... take care
gudmund
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby eLink » Tue May 09, 2023 3:25 pm

I was originally planning to have a place in my galley for our Solo Stove. But it just didn't work out. Now it will probably just be stowed in the tow vehicle.
Putting it on the trailer tongue is not a bad idea though. Here is a link to a video for a propane mount solution. Maybe it can be modified to fit the Solo?
https://youtu.be/4Ka7vqfDMVY
eLink
Teardrop Master

Return to General Discussion