AC Circuit Breaker

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

AC Circuit Breaker

Postby WhiteleyB » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:30 pm

I have decided to power my TD with both AC and DC power. The AC will only be used to charge the batteries and to power up to four outlets (2 in the cabin and 2 in the galley). I think one 20 amp ground fault circuit should handle the total AC load. My problem is that I cannot find a single circuit fuse/circuit breaker. At the local Home Depot and Lowe's the smallest circuit breaker box handles 8 circuits. Has anyone a suggestion on how to install a fuse/breaker for only one AC circuit?
WhiteleyB
Teardrop Inspector

Postby toypusher » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:37 pm

try a Square D QOU120HM! An electrical supply place should have one. For that matter they should have a power distribution box that holds only 2 circuit breakers. I used the box (Square D brand) and a regular 20Amp breaker like you use in your house.

Check the Electrical Secrets section and read the sticky titled 'My Wiring Plans' It should give you more than enough information.

Kerry
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby TonyCooper » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:58 pm

I used a small circuit breaker from an extension strip. The first outlet will be a GFIC outlet. see this thread for details and pictures.
Tony

My Tear Build Site

"No comment"
TonyCooper
Official Pot Stirrer

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques