Finishing Bendable Ply/Luan

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Postby cracker39 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:20 pm

The attitude goes up and down with each day, and sometimes several times a day, depending on how things are going. I thought I was ready to reprime, but closer inspection showed a lot of grain still showing on the curb side. I got the other side smoother, but I still need to work on filling ALL the grain. So, I didn't freak out. I just decided to wait until morning when that side is in shade to spread it with the filler and resand. Then, I can reprime it.

Meanwhile, I put in a few more pieces of foam insulation (almost done with that part) and attached the molding around the cargo door opening and the cargo door itself and it looks pretty good. I need to get started on my fenders. Ira is way ahead of me with that project.

I'm at the point where I have to be very careful of what I do for fear of covering up something else that needs to be done. I almost installed two pieces of paneling inside when I realized that I may have to add framing pieces in the wall to hold the fenders before those panels are attached. That was a close call...I almost goofed again.
Dale

Sometimes I pretend to be normal. But, that gets boring...so I go back to being me.

Squidget Pop Top Build Pages http://www.thesquidget.com/ptbuild/ptbuild.html

Squidget and Pop Top Plans Info and Photos: http://www.TheSquidget.com
cracker39
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:57 pm

Sorry Loader, We hijacked. I will delete if you want. If not consider this a letter to all getting down.
Dale
:lol: But ya didn't!!! If your learning your ahead of the game. I bet there aren't that many people who anticipate that kind of problem until they did it unless they are following a pattern or list of thing to do in a special order. (and didn't loose thier list) :thumbsup:

I'm working on my list everyday. I got some guinnie people testing them out. :whistle: :rofl: :angel:

All
I look at what all of you have done in awe. It amazes me that so many people who don't build for a living are doing this. And that is just the ones we know about. Wonder how many are really out there?

Give yourself a break or take a break. Anyone gets close enough to point out your boo boo's give em a pickle juice. Better yet give em two. They won't care. If they still care thier not worth knowing.

Eat, sleep be merri. no, make merry, :QM
Miriam
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Loader » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:41 am

Miriam C. wrote:Sorry Loader, We hijacked. I will delete if you want. If not consider this a letter to all getting down.
Dale
:lol: But ya didn't!!! If your learning your ahead of the game. I bet there aren't that many people who anticipate that kind of problem until they did it unless they are following a pattern or list of thing to do in a special order. (and didn't loose thier list) :thumbsup:

I'm working on my list everyday. I got some guinnie people testing them out. :whistle: :rofl: :angel:

All
I look at what all of you have done in awe. It amazes me that so many people who don't build for a living are doing this. And that is just the ones we know about. Wonder how many are really out there?

Give yourself a break or take a break. Anyone gets close enough to point out your boo boo's give em a pickle juice. Better yet give em two. They won't care. If they still care thier not worth knowing.

Eat, sleep be merri. no, make merry, :QM
Miriam

No reason to delete a word!
Earl & Kerry

"Loader"

Blue Yonder Build Thread - viewtopic.php?f=50&t=42611

ImageImage
Loader
Platinum Donating Member

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques