Just got my miter saw table

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Just got my miter saw table

Postby Nitetimes » Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:49 am

And I was a little suprised that it is really a pretty nice table for the price. Nice and sturdy and the fact that it stretches out as far as it does will make using the saw much easier.
For those of you that have limited space for storing your toys/tools like I do, this table would be a plus. You can fold it up and hang it somewhere. It isn't the highest quality out there but it cost me $42 shipped to my door(in 3 days no less!), so I figure as much as it will get used it's worth it. Actually the construction seems fine but the finger knobs they supplied leave a little to be desired, snapped my first one while putting it together, which took about 20 minutes.
The main reason I bought this was that I saw something similar at HD that sold for $90 when they started selling them,(definitly higher quality) within about 4 months they jumped to $200 and since I put of spending the money when I first saw them I never did get one, couldn't justify the $200 price tag!

Table- http://www.homier.com/default.asp?dpt=1 ... &sku=04685
Rich

ImageImage
-
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to
keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves
against tyranny in government.
- Thomas Jefferson -
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a butt kickin'.
Nitetimes
7000 Club
7000 Club

Postby BILLYL » Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:08 am

Very cool - just the thing I was looking for. It loks just like the one sold by HF and more then likely is the saem thing. And the price is just right----
SInce I have to keep most of my tools in my car this is going to be a very good addition

Thanks
BILL
"If your children ever find out how lame you really are, they'll
gonna murder you in your sleep...." Frank Zappa
BILLYL
Donating Member

Postby Eric Adams » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:15 pm

Anyone know if those Homier tools are any good? They are sure cheap!! $29.99 for a plunge router???? :) :shock:
Eric Adams
The 300 Club

Postby Kevin A » Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:36 pm

Eric Adams wrote:Anyone know if those Homier tools are any good? They are sure cheap!! $29.99 for a plunge router???? :) :shock:

I think most of their stuff is comparable to HF's tools. I'm happy with the trim router I bought from them last weekend for $9.99, it appears to be identical to the router HF has listed for $39.99, only difference I can see is the color. Keeping in mind that none of these cheap tools can compare with higher quality brands but for the limited amount I'm going to be using the trim router I can't really justify shelling out $100 plus for a better trim router. As far as the cheap plunge router goes, I would say it depends on how much you intend to use it, might be worth looking for higher quality.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby davel » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:58 am

I've been using one of their $29 plunge routers for almost 3 years now. It still is running great! :thumbsup:
davel
Donating Member

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques