Postby tony.latham » Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:44 pm

The good news is that neither project requires any major purchases*

:thumbs-up:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Re: Huber Zip System as Wall Structure/Weatherproofing

Postby gudmund » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:36 pm

not to get left out of the 'plastic' bicycle seat comments = my seat of "preference" is still the OLD 'real' leather seat, that I used when crossing the US in 1983 (42 days, 3091miles and unemployed at the time) French made "Ideale" and if not that one - it was the English made "Brooks" on the other bike (almost 10,000miles between those two bikes in the eighty's - back when I was in shape and it was nothing to do at least 100++++miles per day - never smoked and no more alcohol after age 22&Army - yet I now have the 'pacemaker-heart bypass & last month gull bladder removed', Feb22 will be 68 and am YES I am falling apart)....... I know there have been many advancements over the years in cycle seats -but- I still favor them oldy's (and both of mine are still fine shape - each being stored inside their own 'plastic' storage bag - having been checked on every few years and put away after a touch of reoiling)
I know this 'seat talk' has nothing to do with the subject being spoken about here and I apologize for that. The comment I made about 'feeling the leather', was about how so many times when 'some new way of doing something' ends up not working out for the better - and still doing it the old "tried and true" way ends up still working out just fine........... Take care............... PS plastic cycle seats for years did "suck" and today with all of the ''modern day advancements'' they are probably just fine =but= I won't be riding one any time soon.......
gudmund
500 Club

Postby S. Heisley » Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:52 pm

That Zip sheathing is meant to be covered up, both inside and out, plus it has a roof with eaves to keep water from penetrating the cut parts. Looking at the demo that they showed in the video they weren't spraying any exposed cut end parts. They were spraying the green covering. As well as still needing to cover it up both inside and out, it isn't insulation so, to my way of thinking, it's just adding another layer and more weight to your build. With a house, the builder is saving money on man hours which makes up for the extra cost of the product.

Am I missing something? Have you looked into Foamies?
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby QueticoBill » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:30 am

Well, to be fair, it is available with R ratings to R12 and is available in 4' x 10'. But what is the phrase, think airplane not house?
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Postby bobhenry » Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:34 pm

Why in the devil have I just found this..... Zip panel is the greatest build material I have ever tripped across. Just how many of you NAY sayers have actually used it. I have 3 campers and 3 tiny houses built using this product and they have held up far better than any other product ever used.

The caboose was built with zip 10 years ago with nothing on it but a coat of paint.

The depot is now 4 years old with nothing on the zip but a coat of paint..

The chuck wagon is now 6- 7 years old with a coat of tinted polar seal and Sequential panel sandwich over the zip .

Rip wan winkle is just painted zip panel with sequence panel sandwich over it also and is now about 5-6 years

Hell even the chicken coop is still fine and it was NEVER EVEN PAINTED 7 years ago.

It also made a great insulated floor in my house in a house build and will be incoroporated in my flea market fliver build in this coming spring !

LOOK IN MY ALBUM IF YOU NEED CONVINCING
Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby S. Heisley » Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:16 pm

...Gotta admit that, knowing you built with pressed wood, I was waiting for you to chime in, Bob!
Since you already know how to build with that, if he decides to build with it, you can be his mentor!
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby QueticoBill » Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:04 pm

bobhenry - How many of those structures are towed regularly?
QB
A tear with no name: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67624
QueticoBill
Silver Donating Member

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques