Floor and Wall advice

Anything to do with mechanical, construction etc

Re: Floor and Wall advice

Postby Tom&Shelly » Sat May 13, 2023 8:07 am

I should add we haven't had any problems with actual bears in our campsites, trying to break into our truck, or anything like that. More like reports from the rangers and park managers when we come to a camp that bears were seen, or caused problems earlier in the season, etc. Some of that comes from those notorious East Coast Bears, who are closer and more acclimated to people. (I'm actually guessing about that, but the warnings of nefarious activity we got mostly seemed to come from New York, Ontario, New England and Maryland. Can you imagine being eaten by a bear in Maryland! After camping in the Rockies, I'd be so embarrassed!)

Tony tends to camp at less busy (human-wise) areas than we do, and it's possible the bears are less used to humans there and more inclined to stay away.

Then, there are rules at some campsites (Rocky Mountain NP, for example) about keeping all your food in bear boxes. When we thought about food storage in our tear, we did have that in mind.

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby 23Sojourney45 » Sat May 13, 2023 3:18 pm

tony.latham wrote:
I wonder if there is anyone on here that have had issues with bears "visiting" their trailers because of the cooler.

Nearly two decades of teardropping in Idaho, Montana, and Idaho without any issues.

Almost always in bear country.

Tony

That's totally awesome, it should ease some minds that are afraid to venture out.
23Sojourney45
Teardrop Advisor

Postby 23Sojourney45 » Sat May 13, 2023 3:22 pm

Tom&Shelly wrote:
Then, there are rules at some campsites (Rocky Mountain NP, for example) about keeping all your food in bear boxes. When we thought about food storage in our tear, we did have that in mind.

Tom

That's a valid point, its always better to side on caution. :thumbsup:
23Sojourney45
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Teardrop Construction Tips & Techniques