Truth in vending

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

Re: Truth in vending

Postby ElectronGuru » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:31 am

david.misisco wrote: I'm in the market for a TD but don't want to create my own spreadsheet to figure out who offers what for how much.

This is a tricky methodology. If some standards group or law required minimum quality, calculating value as price / features provides a direct comparison. Absent this (few industries have it), a shop could slice and skimp left and right and show at the top of the list, with little effort.

I'm new to the market, but there seems to be several quality levels in play. The first step to finding maximum value (which is what you're asking), is deciding which quality level you want. Features (price and availability) can then be used to refine your choice.

If you can swing 10k but not 15k, for example, that would mean a new Little Guy or a used camp-in or a used oregon trailer. 5k will mean giving up a bunch of features for new or getting lucky on a resale.

BTW, nascent markets like this are full of creative options. If Fleetwood jumped in, your choice would be easier, but most of the non high end/custom shops would be wiped out to make room.
ElectronGuru
Teardrop Inspector

Previous

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers