SkyView Camper

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

SkyView Camper

Postby Cathy P. » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:58 pm

I came across this, and it is interesting. I was attracted to the name "SkyView", and it is like nothing I have seen before. I thought maybe a little pricey, but with the workmanship involved, I don't really think so. Definitely something different.

https://www.skyviewcampers.com/
Cathy P.
Teardrop Master

Re: SkyView Camper

Postby tony.latham » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:08 pm

I used to bookmark teardrop manufacturers. Most are out of business so beware of an outfit that doesn't have a history. There have been a few that went bankrupt holding down payments.

It certainly is an interesting little camper. Me? I want a camper with a galley. :thinking:

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby Cathy P. » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:34 pm

I saw an interview of the owner on youtube, and they take a $5,000 deposit. It might be something that someone might like to get ideas from. As far as a "galley", if I never saw another cooking anything, that would be gold! I am so tired of cooking. More raw food! (And, it is kind of like a little girl's playhouse, which I never had - better late than never?) Not sure I could part with that much money for it, but it is "eye candy" for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew4w3Z1l8_c
Cathy P.
Teardrop Master

Postby Pmullen503 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:17 pm

I'm sorry but those "fins" on the sides in knotty pine are just weird. The bat wing canopy is cool though.
Pmullen503
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby halfdome, Danny » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:26 am

Weird is a good description.
What baffles me is people using terms in their advertising such as “Organic “ for a trailer.
You can’t eat it.
:D Danny
ImageImage
"Conditions are never just right. People who delay action until all factors are favorable do nothing". William Feather
Don't accept "It's Good Enough" build to the best of your abilities.
Teardroppers Of Oregon & WashingtonImage
halfdome, Danny
*Happy Camper

Postby Pmullen503 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:17 pm

It's like they started with the bat wing canopy and designed the rest to suit. Hence no galley, no second door and the weird fins to lift the canopy high enough. A trolley top to lift the canopy and a slide out galley would have been a better design choice.
Pmullen503
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Cathy P. » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:12 pm

It looks like the wooden fins are part of the wood frame? From the inside it looks that way to me. Kind of like "art", and it is meant to be "different", more looking like a tiny house than a traditional teardrop. Sort of a gypsy-style? Eclectic?
Cathy P.
Teardrop Master

Postby tony.latham » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:43 pm

It looks like the only window that is screened is the one on the door. That and the fact there doesn't seem to be a vent fan tells me that whoever designed this camper hasn't spent time in a teardrop.

Perhaps I'm missing them.

Tony
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby gudmund » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:28 pm

? ? ? ? :? ? ? ? ? looks alot like one of Taxa Outdoors "Mantis" models - Not very 'aero' in it's shape and I agree - where's the galley??? or the second side door!! Also just a few 'too' many windows to leak for me (being I live on the 'wet' side of the mountains here in a state that most people think was named after a president, but I think was named "WASH"ington for a different reason.) Will be keeping what I already have, which I think may just be the 'organic' thing to be doing..................... :thinking:
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Shadow Catcher » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:07 pm

Single door is a no no for midnight potty trips, 0 storage (shelves with out doors) no galley...
Shadow Catcher
Donating Member

Postby KTM_Guy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:38 am

It really looks like the answer to the question no one asked.

I do not see the usefulness in this at all.

Todd
KTM_Guy
500 Club

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers