HYK Outdoors From Kit to Camping

Here's where you can talk to the manufacturers about custom built trailers, etc...

HYK Outdoors From Kit to Camping

Postby Cathy P. » Tue May 26, 2020 4:56 pm

Came across this: https://www.hykoutdoors.com/ One doesn't see many "kits" offered. Location is roughly Columbia, MO (mid-way MO on I-70).
Cathy P.
Teardrop Master

Re: HYK Outdoors From Kit to Camping

Postby BigGoofyGuy » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:40 am

I think that is nice. I guess the total weight would be dependent on what on puts into it or leaves out? :thinking:
BigGoofyGuy
The 300 Club

Postby Kerner » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:45 am

Thought I'd jump in and say that I've been building out a kit with the team at Hyk Outdoors and it's been a great experience. We're almost finished and I'm really happy with the way it's going. The build has also been really straightforward. They also offer completed trailers for those not wanting to build, and the quality is on par or better than any other manufacturer I've seen. I'm writing up the build experience on Overland Bound, but might post it here as well for people thinking about this option.

Here's a shot of the nearly completed trailer.
Kerner
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Sparksalot » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:32 pm

Kerner wrote:Thought I'd jump in and say that I've been building out a kit with the team at Hyk Outdoors and it's been a great experience. We're almost finished and I'm really happy with the way it's going. The build has also been really straightforward. They also offer completed trailers for those not wanting to build, and the quality is on par or better than any other manufacturer I've seen. I'm writing up the build experience on Overland Bound, but might post it here as well for people thinking about this option.

Here's a shot of the nearly completed trailer.

I saw your thread there. Very nice kit!
Holy cow, Rose is a teenager now! Done? Surely you jest. A teardrop is never "done".

The Compass Rose build thread: viewtopic.php?t=23213

Inspiration: http://tnttt.com/Design_Library/Trailer%20for%20Two.htm

It's got a cop motor, a 5.3 LS plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. ~ Elwood Blues
Sparksalot
Silver Donating Member

Return to Teardrop Manufacturers