4 yrs in the making

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

4 yrs in the making

Postby Ron Dickey » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:33 pm

on April 20 I will have joined this forum 4 years ago.

My trailer is licensed has been taken out once and camped in. Then I found the trailer had cut the wires and now I have new LED lights almost done. but the doors and windows and fenders are still in the mix. I have doors but not done just looks like it. inside skin still need work. I am wired for inside lamps and sound by tomarrow I will have upper brake lights installed and front side markers online.

89.5% done

I need a Hide a hitch on the truck the toyota step bumper hitch has bent some. and the trailer does not lock on to the ball. Once that is done I can take around to other teadrop owners and get some Ideas as to where I went wrong and where they found some ot the items I need.

In the plans side fold down tables on each side that will be part of the fender design.

I plan to have it done by Aug. 2008 for my New Mexico trip even if the trip gets delayed.

Pixs are in the works
Ron Dickey
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Mary K » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:44 pm

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Congrats!! WOW 4 years huh? No matter, after all the little fixes you will truly be a happy camper. :thumbsup:

Mk
Mary K

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. Bilbo Baggins
Mary K
6000 Club
6000 Club

Postby Rem » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:24 pm

Mary Kay, I love what you've done with your hair!
Rem
Teardrop Master

Postby Ron Dickey » Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:47 pm

some of the new add ons
Now this is true addiction when the house is painted to match the trailer

:thumbsup:
and to think it all started with these ribs.
Image ;)

Ron D.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:56 am

When I first started I was more interested in the trailers from . AU in Pauls country Down under.

My first dream was a small trailer and Teardrops were around from time to time for me to look at then I saw a wild goose, then I found this guy.

http://www.kratzmann.com.au/products/tvan_animation.htm

"T Van" a expensive trailer with it's own tent and floor.

I can do may things with the back have a slide out, a back screened porch, a fold down sleep area like many of the new hybird trailers.

When I was a child of 4 to 5 I had a reacuring dream I would leave my room walk out side and there was a teardrop style trailer that I was afraid to look into there was something scary in there. each night I would get closer to the trailer until I was at it's windows It was all in silver metal, windows all the way across, a side door, single axel, had a seat inside like a back seat to a car. It was always clean and looked new. that was in the early 1950's. I must have seen one to reember all that detail but because it was a bad dream I still remeber it to this day.

I guess I should try and draw it.

Ron D.
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Postby Ron Dickey » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:52 pm

I think I have figured out the new doors for it and still working on the insides.

We desided to just take it out camaping as is and see what we need next.

Then came the gas crunch along with my leg aching when I use the clutch.
So We now have a little hitch on the back of the carolla but now just like me.... :oops: the coupler needs to be rebuilt I got a used one .... Or I will replace it with a new one.
Muphies Law is becoming my prayer book :worship: Please just let me go camping....
got a letter for the fire Department weed abatment. my whole body hurts now. but I am off there list and on with the trailer. 3 days hard labor and one night of lost sleep :cry:
for most people life is a bitch out here it is a "beach" good and bad come together .... good thing I look at life as a glass half full. :thumbsup:
We have been pulling up sites with camping kitchens on them we are thinking of having it all outside.
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Return to Member Designs