Interior is coming along

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Interior is coming along

Postby jj2k » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:32 pm

Have started on the interior. I have a few minor panels and a lot of trim work to do now. Thought y'all would like to see how it's shaping up.

The first 2 are of the full size bed area and the last is of the galley. Too much mess still but soon...............
jj2k
jj2k
Teardrop Builder

Postby mikeschn » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:15 pm

JJ,

It's coming along nicely...

Keep the pics coming... ;)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby starleen2 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:22 pm

won't be too long till its campable and ya know spring is here! :thinking:
starleen2
5th Teardrop Club

Postby Sam I am » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:39 pm

JJ, It looks good! The squareish shape gives you a ton of space inside! I like the wiremold electric conduit. It should make for easy troubleshooting or changes. Lots easier than having wiring buried in walls.
Sam
Sam I am
500 Club

Interior is almost finished

Postby jj2k » Mon May 05, 2008 5:04 am

The trim is in. And 2 coats of polyurthane later. Now comes the fun part making it livable. We should be finished in the next 2 weeks. I'll post final pics at that point.

Now for mattress, bedding curtains stove tv etc etc. :twisted:
jj2k
jj2k
Teardrop Builder

Postby Miriam C. » Thu May 15, 2008 7:50 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: :applause: Excelent job with the trim. Won't be long now! :twisted:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Almost done

Postby jj2k » Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 pm

Well I took the trailer out for a test pull last Sunday. Man did that thing have some wag in it! I realized that my tongue weight was way too light and short and the weight was not distributed correctly. I rebuilt the tongue with some 2x2x1/4 square tubing and put a new coupler on. I added the tongue box and intend to mount the battery there. That should help even more with tongue weight. I also added about 24 inches of length to the tongue. It backs like a dream now. I can put it right where I want it everytime! The other night I took it out again and it pulled much better. Although it is a bit much for my Sonoma. I plan to lower the chassis about 3" in the next couple of weeks and that'll mean relocating the fenders a bit.
Tomorrow we will go to Comanche Texas (about 100 miles) and do a show there this weekend. So after we return, I will post some pics of it in the campground and give y'all a good giggle over our trip and mishaps etc. I don't think you are ever realy through with a project like this. I will probably mess with it for sometime to come. Then I'll sell it and build another using what I learned this time.
jj2k
jj2k
Teardrop Builder

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu May 15, 2008 11:31 pm

Wow! The polyurthane makes it look great! I hope the interior of mine turns our half as nice.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Finally! It is finished....for the most part anyhow. LOL

Postby jj2k » Mon May 19, 2008 4:45 pm

Finally! It is finished....for the most part anyhow. LOL

We took the little trailer to Commanche Texas this weekend for a city festival there. It was 100 miles one way. We went the day before and set up the booth. Then we drove to the city park and stayed in one of their RV spaces there. Here are a couple of pics of our trailer in the campsite.

We sat down after we got there and made up a list of minor repairs and things to change. But the big problem was with the wheel bearing on the right side. It spun a bit of grease out of the hub in the course of the trip.
Our next long distance show will be in one month so I got time to get her fixed right. I don't know much about wheel bearings and such but I am fixing to learn looks like. I plan on lowering the trailer body a bit and that should help it pull better although we experienced no major problems, even with some cross wind.

I guess now I have to start posting in the South Central Camping Forum.

Good luck with your builds and remember, just cause ya finished it, don't mean your done!

Later

jj2k
jj2k
jj2k
Teardrop Builder

Postby SmokeyBob » Tue May 20, 2008 8:15 am

Over all sounds like you all had a good trip. Were you able to sell anything?
Pics for Building the Alegria I
To view video click Here

Bob & Judith
SmokeyBob
2000 Club
2000 Club

the show itself

Postby jj2k » Tue May 20, 2008 10:35 am

The show itself was a success. We made some money and received invitaions to attend 4 more shows. Overall it was a good weekend.
Next weekend we will be in Ennis Texas for the National Polka Festival.
It's close enough though that we won't be taking the trailer. All of our shows are listed on our calendar on our website at :

http://groups.msn.com/jmetals
jj2k
jj2k
Teardrop Builder

For sale

Postby jj2k » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:37 am

I have decided to sell my little trailer. If anyone is interested, I'd like to talk. PM me if you are interested.
jj2k
jj2k
Teardrop Builder

selling?

Postby Jeeper92 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:44 am

Im interested? Why are you selling?

[email protected]
Jeeper92
500 Club

selling

Postby jj2k » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:17 pm

I am selling because the reason I built the trailer is no longer there. Ya see I am a blacksmith by trade and make my living doing craft shows. Everything I do is a luxury item so to speak. High dollar, functional, artsy etc, but high dollar. Folks are hurting right now. I am now among them. I am going to get a "regular" job. Since I am no longer doing craft shows, I have no need for the trailer. I'd like to get $2500.00 for it. That covers my materials for the build. I'll give my labor away to move it, but move it I must. I also have a 5'x10' flatbed utility trailer for sale. I'd like $500.00 for that.

email me at [email protected] if you are interested.
jj2k
jj2k
Teardrop Builder

Postby RAD » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:14 pm

Hi jj2k
I feel your pain! The UK is also in a hard times thing at the mo' . I had the same probs many yrs ago ,got a full time (lower paid!) job,but with no overheads to fork out ,it is easier to live in the long run . I hope you get yerself sorted dude.
RAD
Teardrop Builder

Return to Member Designs