working out a design

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

working out a design

Postby RAYNE » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:45 pm

I have been perusing the forum for a few months now. I can't start building yet....I live in an apartment....no place to build and store. So I've just been tinkering with designs ideas awaiting the day when we finally move.... This is a design I think I'll stick with. I borrowed the shape from steve butler's camping pod. I just enlarged it a bit. The pictures aren't exactly to scale but I want my ttt to be 10' long by 5' wide by 4' high I'm flirting with the idea of going 5' high not sure yet.

i haven't refined it yet but this is basically what i want

Rayne
RAYNE
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ivar the Red » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:38 pm

That looks cool, that exactly how I want to make my galley doors. You draw much better than I, can I steal your picture. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Johnny
BUILD THREAD
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. - Vince Lombardi
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

steal away

Postby RAYNE » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:15 pm

Feel free. It took alot of trial and error on sketchup to figure out how to make it look the way i wanted it to.

i like the galley doors that way too. I've seen alot of discussion about the pros and cons of galley doors. I realize too that I'm gonna have a harder time sealing these than I would just one hatch door. I really like the bottom doors swinging out with the hinged counter tops. My partner does most of the cooking and she likes to have alot of space. Seeing as how she is so accomadating in cooking all of my meals and doing it with a smile, I figure I should return the favor by designing the galley to her tastes. She also picked the name of our future ttt she is do be dubbed "The Captain's Cabin" (she has this obsession with pirates). It's how I got her excited about it. I'm the only one with the teardrop fever that spends every free minute on this forum looking for new ideas and perfecting my plans. Now she just doesn't bug me about it. :Smile:
RAYNE
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:41 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: Looks good to me. Hurry up and find a place to build so we can see it finished. On the 5' high, if you are only going to sleep in it you probably don't need it. It is nice if sitting up or moving around. Getting dressed is definitely easier (if your short like me)

Enjoy and build it your way. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby swissarmygirl » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:53 pm

Ah apartment life! I'm lucky enough to live in an apartment with a garage...I'm not supposed to use the garage for building stuff though. :oops:

The head maintenance guy caught me working on it one day, and I thought for sure I was gonna get some grief, but he came in to check it out and seemed to be impressed with my work.

I guess these little trailers do have quite a bit of charm!

Good luck getting started with your build!!!
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby RAYNE » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:45 am

Our complex lets you rent a garage for 80 bucks a month however, the rule is the only thing you can keep in it is your car.......really? A garage is not for your car......its for all your tools and supplying you with a place to build your teardrop out of the elements....duh
RAYNE
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Ivar the Red » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:16 am

Could you use a nearby self storage place or something like that?
Johnny
BUILD THREAD
Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing. - Vince Lombardi
ImageImageImage
Ivar the Red
HOME RUN TILT

Postby RAYNE » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:50 pm

I'm working on the in-laws...they have a nice big corner lot with plenty of space in the back yard. I'm trying to bring them around
RAYNE
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Member Designs