My Weekender design

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

My Weekender design

Postby jhjspecks » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:19 am

well I am a little embarassed about my design after seeing all the computer created ones here, but gotta do with what ya got. I hand drew these and then uploaded the scans into paint. It is a weekender copy, it will be on a 5x8 trailer. But the over all wiil be a 5x10. Later on I will add a exo-cage to hold the kayaks (mine and the wifes) on top.

please give me any kind of feedback (good or bad)!
jhjspecks
Teardrop Builder

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:49 am

Am I seeing this right? Are you pointing the rear end? Do you plan a hatch or rear galley?

Might be interesting to watch. Needless to say we like different 8) :D

You will want to balance the tongue weight carefully. :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Re: My Weekender design

Postby stomperxj » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:33 pm

jhjspecks wrote:well I am a little embarassed about my design after seeing all the computer created ones here, but gotta do with what ya got.

If you have dimensions of everything I could whip out some flat 2d drawings for you to print out to use while designing your interior. I could throw a 3" grid on the floorplan or whatever...

Let me know, I'd be happy to do it...

As far as the trailer is concerned, I agree with Miriam C about your axle location. should move it back a bit for some more tongue weight...
stomperxj
The 300 Club

hey stomper

Postby Jeeper92 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:10 pm

whats that in your avatar????? looks pretty sweet
Jeeper92
500 Club

Re: My Weekender design

Postby del » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:11 am

jhjspecks wrote:well I am a little embarassed about my design after seeing all the computer created ones here, but gotta do with what ya got. I hand drew these and then uploaded the scans into paint. It is a weekender copy, it will be on a 5x8 trailer. But the over all wiil be a 5x10. Later on I will add a exo-cage to hold the kayaks (mine and the wifes) on top.

please give me any kind of feedback (good or bad)!
It look to me the door is too high.
Picture yourself sitting in the doorway (much like this guy) with the wall digging into the back of your legs. And another note your drawings look much better than mine, and computer drawing programs are a good source of aggravation for me.

del
del
5000 Club
5000 Club

Return to Member Designs