Joe's Benroy

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby TPMcGinty » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:05 pm

joecnc2006 wrote:Well after looking at all trailers available, I think i will go with the Tractor Supply trailer, 4x8 1,500 lbs capacity.

here is a link. http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs ... gPage=true

It has 2x2 angle, all welded, so do not have to worry about bolting it up. I guess i will need to add 2"x2" (true 2") bolted to the agle, to get the proper height, then make the subfloor, 5'x10' centered on the 4x8 trailer, with cutouts around wheel areas.

I like the FRP that "Gerdo" used on his Benroy, mine I hope will be a cross between his and mike's Baja Benroy, Both fine examples.

What do you think the largest tires i can use on this trailer? it has 12" 5 lug, can I go upto 13" or 14" with a more agressive tread?

Joe

I have the same trailer in a 5x8. Tractor didn't sell it. Northern Tool has it for $329. They often have it on sale for between $239 and $299. They don't have it online. You have to go to the store to look at it.

I also put 13 inch wheels and tires on it with no problem.
Tim

TPMcGinty
Gold Donating Member

Previous

Return to Member Designs