Rainbassador galley 3.0

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Rainbassador galley 3.0

Postby rainjer » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:03 pm

After spending 13 day camping and cooking in my teardrop on our IRG trip, I have decided to revamp the galley again. I discovered it did not work very well.

So after consulting teardrop master builder & all around great guy, Doug Hodder, this is what I have come up width.

I will have 2 slide outs, a cooler tray with storge for Coleman fuel, the coffee pot & my lantern. The other one will hold the pots in a big drawer & a storage box behind the stove for the cooking utensils. Above the stove I may put a shelf for my folding dish drainer & maybe a knife holder for a chef's knife & some steak knives. I am still trying to figure out where to put the silverware. I have a couple ideas for that.

The first 2 are my prelimanary design.

This will be my final design.

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby caseydog » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:20 pm

Design number 72 will be just about right. ;)

CD

Psssst: I don't think there actually is a "final design."

My build journal is HERE
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Mauleskinner » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:57 pm

Well, they say you get more of the value out of a kitchen remodel than almost any other room... :lol:

With a 4-foot-wide tear, I can see where working between the stove and cooler could get a little cramped. Just to throw a little doubt into your mind, though...seems like if you took out the drawers and turned the cooler as you plan, but leave the stove as-is, you'd have more convenient access to the countertop for ingredients and utensils while you're cooking, and just move a little to pull out the cooler if you need something.

Of course, the kitchen in my house is about the size of a large teardrop galley...it'd be just about how I cook normally. ;)

David
Mauleskinner
The 300 Club

Postby rainjer » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:42 pm

The stove was the bigger problem of the 2. I kept banging my shin on the trailer while cooking and I kept hitting my hand on the counter while pumping up the stove. The box behind the stove on the stove slideout will hold all of my cooking utencils. I am going to take the legs off the stove and and make some brackets to bolt it in place. I will put aluminum on the counter below the stove & it will be 1/4" above the surface.

I was using the top of the cooler as a work surface instead of the counter while on the trip. I will most likely countinue with this configuration.

I added the pullout above the cooler:

BTW, I did not draw the open stove, the knife block or the coffee pot. I did draw everything else. This is the first time I have ever used Sketchup. I am starting to figure it out.

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby stomperxj » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:26 am

Looks good Jeremy... It appears to be more user friendly that your current setup... Nice cad work
stomperxj
The 300 Club

Return to Member Designs