Help deciding a design

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Help deciding a design

Postby wtcreaux » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:26 pm

Folks,

I have been a lurker for the past several weeks trying to learn from all the ingenious folks here!). I really like the looks of the weekender and the Benroy BUT..... my wife feels these are too claustrophobic, so.....

Some criteria:
1. Queen-sized mattress
2. Max 1000lb
3. open feeling
4. coolness (maybe AC or something to deal with better half's "Power surges" :shock: )
5. ease in setup (at campsite)

Would like
1. Port-a-potti inside (her request, but not a deal-killer)
2. Galley inside (but was OK with external as long as had pass-through??
3. Able to move around a little (might be able to use 4" memory foam on top of ??,i.e, bench seats and backrests)
4. DC and AC capability

Ideas:
1. Propane camp stove
2. portable water carrier
3. 5-day ice chest
4. laptop computer for DVD player (15" screen)

Skill set
NOT MUCH (I have ADD and get in a hurry on things)

I have looked through the various ideas, i.e. Weekender, Benroy, Rimple, and Winter Warrior (can't find much info on the latter). The WW SEEMS to fit the bill but..... :thinking:

Thanks in advance for your comments,
wtc
wtcreaux
Teardrop Master

Postby dreadcptflint » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:08 am

Have you done a field trip yet? Getting your wife to climb in and out of a tear might show how claustrophobic she is. Once I got my wife inside one, she could see the possiblities and everything opened up. Checking out a gathering or a dealer could be a good first step.
The quickest way to find me is on my business site. Yes, I do answer questions and provide quotes for free. Find me at: http://www.wenatcheefarmers.com
dreadcptflint
1000 Club
1000 Club

claustrophobia

Postby wtcreaux » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:13 am

I have been e-mailing with CampInn and they have given me the names of a couple of folks about 150 miles south of us to look at their 550 model. I guess it's time for a road trip.
wtcreaux
Teardrop Master

Postby mikeschn » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:06 pm

The Generic ET or the Winter Warrior will fit the bill...

the Generic ET is probably closer to 1200 pounds, and the Winter Warrior, if you build it long enough for a porta potty, will also be about 1200 pounds.

You mention there is not much information on the winter warrior. Maybe I should start a design page just for the winter warrior?

mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby wlivesey » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:39 pm

I think a design page for the Winter Warrior is a great idea! I know that I spent a lot of time looking at it myself. :thumbsup:
wlivesey
The 300 Club

Postby wlivesey » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:37 am

I just started a new thread for a TTT I'm considering. It sounds like it might meet your requirements. Take a look here... http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?t=29037
wlivesey
The 300 Club

Postby doug hodder » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:01 am

Some ideas to help on the claustrophobia....make sure you use lighter colors on the interior, bedding/curtains/wood finish... and you can also use a larger window. In the case of one of my tears, I built with 4 windows 15 x 18 in the cabin and 6 portholes. Really makes it light. It's not that much bigger, but has the feeling that it is. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Return to Member Designs