Pack Mule Trailer

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Pack Mule Trailer

Postby rainjer » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:25 pm

My wife, kids & I are planning a trip to Yellowstone next summer. We plan on tent camping & staying in cabins during the trip. We decided we were not going to take the teardrop on this trip bu I need something to haul the gear because it will not all fit in our Jeep Liberty. I am thinking of building a a small pack mule trailer.

The plan is to make something that the top can be removed to use it for hauling stuff around the house. It would be built on at 1350LB HF 40 X 50 trailer.

I would build the main box 48" wide & 60" long & inset the wheel wells. The tongue box would carry a my battery I need for my CPAP. I already have a roof basket that would fit on the top.

Jeremy
rainjer
King Koleman

Postby bobhenry » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:21 pm

Eggbert is a cargo too and he has come in handy many times in the last 2 years. We have the same problem when traveling just not enough room in a Scion xb for suitcases and odd junk on a long trip.

Growing older but not up !
bobhenry
Ten Grand Club
Ten Grand Club

Postby jagular7 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:12 am

I've started something similar with a 40x48 HF trailer and large 17 cuft yard dump trailer.

I wanted something to pull behind my TJ when I go wheeling for a weekend, whether camping gear or hotel gear. Found the HF trailer with spare on CL for $100. Found the yard dump trailer new on Ebay for $100. Now I just need assembly and paint. My paint scheme is military colors of drab. The frame will be olive and the tube will be sand. I plan to add a tonneau cover or flip up cover with a rack on top. I am lengthening the tongue for a smaller box on the tongue.
Mike
Jagular
Lenexa, KS
jagular7
The 300 Club

Postby stomperxj » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:20 am

You should check out this build on Expo Portal. Pretty close to what you are thinking about:

http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showt ... hp?t=26310
stomperxj
The 300 Club

Postby schaney » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:25 am

I've seen that trailer some where :thinking: Wait, it's in my shop :D

As stomperxj noted, check out my build thread.
Scott
Camping the "Compact Way"
schaney
500 Club

Return to Member Designs