Photos of my Tiny Trailer

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby WarPony » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:01 pm

I like that, David. Mine is similar to yours and I like all the inside room. Hey, where did you get your side windows?
ImageImage

Still a million dollars away from being a millionaire!!
WarPony
Donating Member

Postby GeorgeT » Sun Dec 18, 2005 7:36 pm

Wow David! Very nice job! We'll have to make one of the Texas gatherings together, maybe this spring. Again very nice job! :applause: :thumbsup:
Lookin' up in da skize with ize on da prize
http://home.earthlink.net/~g.teague/
GeorgeT
The 300 Club

Postby davidbyrum » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:53 am

Thanks George, Wright and WarPony

Wright, there will be a back galley but it will be minimal with a microwave on one side and toaster oven on the other. George T and I discussed this on his build and he had noticed that most of the teardrop users ended up setting up tables and such to cook outside anyway so I decided to make a the galley minimal and doing most of the cooking outside under the easy-up.

WarPony, at the chance of stirring up the controversy about windows and safety glass, etc., the answer is: the windows are from Home Depot and cost about $18 a piece, quite a bargain and they worked out very nicely (even have screens!). You have to add trim on the inside and out to compensate for the deep trim around the windows (I think these windows are designed for bathrooms).

George, thanks again for your inspiration and help. I hope we can meet again soon at a Texas Teardrop gathering

Thanks, David
Photos of my build at:

http://davidbyrum.blogspot.com
davidbyrum
Teardrop Inspector

Postby angib » Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:36 am

Gee, this thread is like a display of sychronised avatars....

The Compact GT plans aren't too far away, but I must admit they did get shuffled down the do-list.

And, at the risk of hijacking this thread, who else knew that the word 'avatar' has religious significance? See Wikipedia article.

Andrew
angib
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Feral XJ-SC » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:40 pm

The first time I heard it used in "this" type of context was maybe fifteen years ago in a book called "Snowcrash" by Neal Stephenson. I think in the afterword he explained where he hijacked if from, I will have to dig the book out and look.
Robert
Feral XJ-SC
Donating Member

Postby surveytech » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:25 pm

David,
did you modify somehow to allow the water to drain out of the channels?
I have similar windows and it looks like they would hold water if mounted horizontal.

Walter
surveytech
Donating Member

Postby bledsoe3 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:48 pm

angib wrote:And, at the risk of hijacking this thread, who else knew that the word 'avatar' has religious significance? See Wikipedia article.

Andrew

There's also a cartoon my daughter likes called "The Avatar". More along the line of Andrew's article he linked to.
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Previous

Return to Member Designs