how bout motorcycle fenders on a td?

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby goldcoop » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:08 pm

madjack wrote:Jim, without having the fenders in hand it is hard to say BUT they should prove no more poblematic than the FG fenders from Grant, RW Johnson, etc...I like the fact they can be had in wider widths than those fenders and are cheaper to boot!!!! I just wonder if they are long enough across the bottom line
madjack 8)

MJ-

It says they are 44" long over the arch, wonder what that means!

The cost of others was what prompted the thought!

Makes you wonder what they REALLY cost!?

Cheers,

Coop
goldcoop
Silver Donating Member

Postby Kevin A » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:19 pm

goldcoop wrote:
madjack wrote:Jim, without having the fenders in hand it is hard to say BUT they should prove no more poblematic than the FG fenders from Grant, RW Johnson, etc...I like the fact they can be had in wider widths than those fenders and are cheaper to boot!!!! I just wonder if they are long enough across the bottom line
madjack 8)

MJ-

It says they are 44" long over the arch, wonder what that means!

The cost of others was what prompted the thought!

Makes you wonder what they REALLY cost!?

Cheers,

Coop

I'm assuming they are measuring from the front lip of the fender, over the top of the fender to the rear lip, but you know what they say when one assumes things. ;) :lol: :lol:
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby madjack » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:44 pm

Kevin, like you I am assuming the same(and face the same predicament) if you double that #(if they are a full half circle) and divided by Pi you get 27+ inches for straight line length, which would work depending on tire size
madjack 8)
p.s. I sure wish someone would buy a pair and try 'em out...hint, hint, hint
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Member Designs