The Weekender

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

The Weekender

Postby lgthouskpr » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:22 pm

Does anyone have the plans for the weekender? Out of all the teardrops I like this design the most. Thanks David Miller - Charleston, SC
lgthouskpr
Teardrop Inspector

Re: The Weekender

Postby mikeschn » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:42 pm

lgthouskpr wrote:Does anyone have the plans for the weekender? Out of all the teardrops I like this design the most. Thanks David Miller - Charleston, SC

The closest thing we have to a set of plans for the weekender is here...

http://www.mikenchell.com/weekender

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby lgthouskpr » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:59 pm

Thank you. I will try to copy and paste to Word Document. David Miller
lgthouskpr
Teardrop Inspector

Postby weasel » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:04 pm

Welcome!!! I'm buildin one. Very easy and draws alot of attention.
weasel
Donating Member

Postby Jimbo » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:43 pm

weasel wrote:Welcome!!! I'm buildin one. Very easy and draws alot of attention.

I just noticed that we're practically neighbors. I'm in Ashland, KY and work in Huntington, WV. I go up to the HF in Cross Lanes all the time... That is until our new one in Kenova opens at the end of this month.
Started many, finished none... Bought a TTT <Sigh> ;)
Jimbo
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby Bandit » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:17 pm

Jimbo,

I'm building one as we speak. I started the frame in February. It is finished with a moveable axle. My trailer is 9.5' Long and 5' wide.
I started laying the floor this evening. I'm off to Bradford, Ontario Canada tomorrow and will not return until Friday evening. Hope to work on the flooring some this weekend, after golfing.
My traveling will slow down after March, so my build should progress a little faster.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
PM me with your email address and I can send you some PDF files of my AutoCad drawings.
Enjoy!
:thumbsup: :applause:
First Metal Cut 02/11/06
Complete! (Almost) 08/22/06
Looking for a trip in the SPRING!!!!
Not Up to Testing the Heater!!!
Thanks for all the HELP!!!!
Bandit
Donating Member

Postby weasel » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:35 am

Howdy Jimbo, HF wasmy second home when first opened :lol: I'm about 15 miles from the store. Next time you come up let me know, stop by and check my Weekender out. Weasel :thumbsup:
weasel
Donating Member

Postby Jimbo » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:07 pm

weasel wrote:Howdy Jimbo, HF wasmy second home when first opened :lol: I'm about 15 miles from the store. Next time you come up let me know, stop by and check my Weekender out. Weasel :thumbsup:

Man, I wish I had read this sooner. I was just up there today and bought another trailer and a pancake air compressor. I may run back tomorrow to pick up an air ratchet to help put this thing together with. I had forgot how many bolts there were in one of these. I figure the hours worth of driving will save me some time in the long run. They had a 3/8" on sale for 19.99 and there's a 10% off coupon at the store. If you're going to be around, I may stop by and check it out.
Jimbo
2nd Teardrop Club

Postby Jimbo » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:12 pm

Bandit wrote:Jimbo,

I'm building one as we speak. I started the frame in February. It is finished with a moveable axle. My trailer is 9.5' Long and 5' wide.
I started laying the floor this evening. I'm off to Bradford, Ontario Canada tomorrow and will not return until Friday evening. Hope to work on the flooring some this weekend, after golfing.
My traveling will slow down after March, so my build should progress a little faster.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
PM me with your email address and I can send you some PDF files of my AutoCad drawings.
Enjoy!
:thumbsup: :applause:

Hey Bandit. I've liked the Weekender since Mike first posted the design. I started on one a while back but decided to finish my cubby first. I've still got a couple of Weekender walls in my dad's garage so, you never know.... I'm starting one now based on Andrew's Dinette design. My wife was wanting something with a little more room. I'll shoot you my email here when I finish this message.
Jimbo
2nd Teardrop Club

Return to Member Designs