The Winter Warrior

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby ARKPAT » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:17 am

Thanks Mike I had not kept up with some of the other CAD software over the years. The only ones I had at work to use was Intergraph and AutoCad 13 ( a few custom programs - early stages of mass CAD programs - that dates me ). Need to get another system back up and running at home; still have my old HP7475A plotter and buffer/switch. I have been without a PC for about 12 years up till about a year ago at home.
Last edited by ARKPAT on Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby mikeschn » Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:42 am

You can download the trial version of Turbocad and be playing with it today.

It has a steep learning curve, but then again it'll do everything from lines to complex solid models...

You can even export wrl files and spin them around on the web. All you need to view these files is a free Internet Explorer plugin called "Cortona". You can get it here... http://www.parallelgraphics.com/products/cortona/

Then try viewing this wrl file...
http://www.mikenchell.com/images/lildiner_c.wrl

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby ARKPAT » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:11 am

Very good starting point Mike. I will get home get some sleep in about two hours ( this is my nornal Friday in the sence of a work week ). Then get up; Fire up the home PC and plug in my Windows hard drive ( I normally run Linux OS ) and download some files. Pat
Life is to short always eat dessert first.
ARKPAT
1000 Club
1000 Club

Previous

Return to Member Designs