Our initial design

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Postby bigalpha » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:01 pm

What do you mean by perfectly true?
bigalpha
Teardrop Advisor

Postby TinKicker » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:51 pm

One or more of the flat panels is "warped". I learned to run guidelines with the tape measure function and then draw my boxes to those guidelines. When you're drawing in a 3D perspective, it's easy to get one or more of your corners off by as little as a 32nd or so, because you're seeing everything at an angle and you have no guidelines to go by most of the time...you're just pulling boxes wherever they go.
I generally start a design now by running along the axis' and putting a guideline every foot or so.
Play with the tape measure some and you'll see what I mean. Takes a little practice to get the fine details.
But in the real world, that warping doesn't make a nickel's worth of difference. Just makes it look funny. And we like pretty, don't we? :D
Kelsey
TinKicker
Teardrop Master

Postby bigalpha » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:06 pm

I thought they might have been a little warped too, but I rebuilt them. Everything is snapped to the axes as well. Oh well.
bigalpha
Teardrop Advisor

Previous

Return to Member Designs