boxkite is getting ready for long haul

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

boxkite is getting ready for long haul

Postby Ron Dickey » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:44 am

I have now camped in my trailer for the 2nd time and am about to imbark on a long trip to NM in Aug.

I have added the bigginings of my fenders a shelf that run between the door and the rear. I will be adding boards that hang down to protect cars behind from flying debree.

the Rear hatch is now being planned. looks like a set of swing out counters

after seeing

which looks alot like the direction my original design was headed. I just want counters and plan to have a hatch over head with a place for hanging stuff like paper towels.

instead I will have a cooler under the counter and the stove on a separate stand behind the trailer. extended counters will support the hatch and polls leading down or at an angle attached to the rear bumper will support the extended counters.

inside I will have a shelf over the bed pillows and fabric storage olders hanging from the walls to hold small things like reading glasses.

A rack will be installed at the front of the trailer to hold battery, firewood, and small storage

a canvas support will be placed over the trailer when camping offering cover from rain or sun. This will be attached to the trailer.

I am slow at pixs and drawings but i will persist untill I get it down pat.

I am Pulling it with my 2001 Toyota Carolla does ok on steep hills got up and over loaded. Am looking at a Rav4, CR-V, or 4Runner with truck 4 cyl engine to replace it. but time is running out for the run and when the trailer is not hooked up Carolla offers the best gas milage. Trailer was designed to be pulled behind my Toyota Pickup with cap so there is some wind resisitance while pulling. thinking of putting Rack on car to reduce wind pull like

Ron D.
Inside almost done--Trolly top has opening windows & roof.doors need assembling--pictured above waley windows..galley 1/3 done
Cross Bow in Build Journals....http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54108
Ron Dickey
Silver Donating Member

Return to Member Designs