Gotta start someplace this is mine

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Gotta start someplace this is mine

Postby FlyerSkip » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:02 pm

Bet ya thought we had gone away 8) . Things have been kinda crazy, but I got to start work on the prototype. I like to build a model of things first so I can see it in real life. That helps me with the design. As you can tell it's not the weekender we thought we wanted. Retta told me that we wanted something round (then she said we wanted a truck camper now we're back to round again). So I drew a shape I like and started with that.
It's a 5 x 10 something realy it's about 10'4" long with a 10' base. if you look at the pics you can see there is a bed in the very front that is cross wise it's for Susie our little girl. There's still room for a queen size bed after that. The kitchen is very simple just a counter top and there will be a small rack above it that's not on the model yet.
I haven't got the windows or fenders on yet eather. I think I'll have to hand carve the fenders :? cuz I want some old ones and I haven't got anything to use for them.
I don't know how to post the pics here so you'll havta look in the album fer em.
A one legged duck swims in a circle.
FlyerSkip
Teardrop Advisor

Postby mikeschn » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:04 pm

Hmmmm... the pictures didn't make it into your album yet...

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

now they are

Postby FlyerSkip » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:16 pm

You're quick 8) look now
FlyerSkip
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Hector » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:56 pm

Hey FlyerSkip my wife tells me what "we" want too.Great job on the model.
Hector
Teardrop Master

Postby Mauleskinner » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:00 pm

cool! You're farther along than me, so you're doing good :lol:

David
Mauleskinner
The 300 Club

Postby swissarmygirl » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:53 pm

Cool! I like the little bed!
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." - Albert Einstein

4 Hats Studio
swissarmygirl
Donating Member

Postby mikeschn » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:00 am

:lol:

Cute model. I like it! 8)

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Postby cuyeda » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:50 am

Are the walls insulated, or just straight ply? :lol: Nice profile!
Why just dance, when you can Salsa!
Cliff & Vanessa
cuyeda
Platinum Donating Member

insulated

Postby FlyerSkip » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:08 pm

The walls and the roof will be insulated. The bed for Susie is a great place for storeage too.
FlyerSkip
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Sam I am » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:00 pm

Nice design, Skip! If your full size craftsmanship is as good as your model, you'll have a winner!
:thumbsup:
Sam I am
500 Club

Some changes

Postby FlyerSkip » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:09 pm

Well I've been told I wanted some windows that I forgot (my bad) :( so here is a rebuild of the tear. (this is why we do small models first). With the need for a window in the rear as well as in the front I moved the galley outside the trailer into it's own box (which is removable by the way).
The cabin will be removable from the trailer so I can still have the trailer for other things, I know some question this but I've done this before and will have no problems loading and unloading it by myself. I use a winch to pull it on and to pull it off it's stand really is easy that way. :)
With a little luck we hope to start on the trailer part in the next few weeks. We're gonna build it ourselves. I'll be sure to do lots of pictures and keep all up on the progress. :D
I did post new pics to the album.
FlyerSkip
Teardrop Advisor

Re: Some changes

Postby Cliffmeister2000 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:53 pm

FlyerSkip wrote:Well I've been told I wanted some windows that I forgot (my bad) :( so here is a rebuild of the tear. (this is why we do small models first). With the need for a window in the rear as well as in the front I moved the galley outside the trailer into it's own box (which is removable by the way).

Interesting concept! I'm curious how the addition / removal of the galley box will affect the way the trailer tows. My brother has a standie, and he tried hanging two bicycles off the back and almost lost it to sway! Of course, the axle isn't as far back on a standie as it is on a teardrop.
God Bless

Cliff

♥God. ♥People.
1 John 4:9-11

My Teardrop build pictures
Cliffmeister2000
Titanium Donating Member

Return to Member Designs