New Idea

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

New Idea

Postby Highwayrydr » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:28 pm

I took what i liked from a few different trailers and mixed them up.. got this idea.. Its just a shell. i think it looks nasty. Its 80 inches wide 10 foot plan. 74 inches inside at highest point.

Highwayrydr
Teardrop Inspector

Postby satch » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:30 pm

It's differant, for sure. What would you call it? 8)
If it itches. scratch it
Rick
satch
Donating Member

Postby Highwayrydr » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:32 pm

satch wrote:It's differant, for sure. What would you call it? 8)

Geez man, tough questions already. I have no idea.. something cool, haha. what would YOU call it?
Highwayrydr
Teardrop Inspector

Re: New Idea

Postby Jst83 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:17 am

Highwayrydr wrote:Its just a shell. i think it looks nasty

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It doesn't look to bad, kind of different which I'm always in favor of.
Jst83
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby EffieRover » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:07 am

I think it would look great with an art deco paint design. You could go diner or futuristic ... either would make a unique and appealing camper...
Loy, happy wife to Dan, proud momma to Kiera & Alannah.
http://66shasta.blogspot.com/
EffieRover
Teardrop Master

Postby Mauleskinner » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:12 pm

EffieRover wrote:I think it would look great with an art deco paint design. You could go diner or futuristic ...

Ever notice how "art deco" and "futuristic" look so much alike? :lol: (he said, leaning against a 1930's-designed, futuristic airplane :roll: )

It does have that '30's sci-fi look to it, though. Kinda cool.

David
Mauleskinner
The 300 Club

Postby EffieRover » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:52 pm

Mauleskinner wrote:Ever notice how "art deco" and "futuristic" look so much alike?

Futuristic, as an art term, refers to a range of genres that includes art deco as its most famous. Many artisans interchange art deco with futuristic.

Sorry, the graphic artist in me just popped out. I'll lock her back up now.
EffieRover
Teardrop Master

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:25 pm

I love the front but the back is out of whack. I guess I am a function first person. The back curve seems way too high and sharp.
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby Mauleskinner » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:29 pm

EffieRover wrote:
Mauleskinner wrote:Ever notice how "art deco" and "futuristic" look so much alike?

Futuristic, as an art term, refers to a range of genres that includes art deco as its most famous. Many artisans interchange art deco with futuristic.

Sorry, the graphic artist in me just popped out. I'll lock her back up now.

Feel free to let the graphic artist escape now and again...that's kind of interesting. I didn't realize there was an actual connection there. 8)
Mauleskinner
The 300 Club

Postby Highwayrydr » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:42 am

Miriam C. wrote:Image

I love the front but the back is out of whack. I guess I am a function first person. The back curve seems way too high and sharp.

i noticed taht the perspective was off.. check it out from this angle

i was thinking the bed to go left to right in the far back up about half way. I will draw up my floor plan. underneath would allow for electrical plumbing and other necessities like power inverters and possibly a subwoofer. There would be a small dinete across from the door. and the tallest part would be room to stand to cook. in this case teh wheels would have to be pushed forward. the upswept back i think is neat looking and i think it adds manuverability. Consider times you have aproaced the end of a drive way that pitches up hardcore from the street. An engineering flaw (i am in college for Surveying) In cases liek this it is nice to have that clearance to backup or go forward on it. Most likely if it was that bad however, your hitch would probably drag. I live in maine.. and its hilly country up here. i thought it would be of good function and it gives a little bit of tear shape to it i think .The front i tried to mock up a scotty of sorts. The windows would be above the counter and there would be cabinetry above them and below them would be a small sink and a flush mounted propane stove. I was thinking about also having a shower base (2x2) under the dinette. That would be covered with a peice of removeable subflooring when you eat. At this point im just dreaming anyway. This wont become a reality for about 4 years probably but i WILL have a TTT. eventually.
Highwayrydr
Teardrop Inspector

Postby EffieRover » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:41 am

The side view makes a difference. I'm thinking you might get more light in (and more privacy) by moving those front windows onto the top 'hump' - make it look like you bumped that out on purpose so you could have a skylight. The windows in the back look slightly too high - not from a usability perspective but from an aesthetic one. And their side curve doesn't match the back curve of the trailer, which would go a long way toward making them look like they belong there. Just my $0.02, adjusted for the upcoming financial meltdown.
EffieRover
Teardrop Master

Return to Member Designs