My CabinCar version...

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

My CabinCar version...

Postby leaded » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:46 am

some scetches to go... , and please give comments!
Drop floor in dinette, foldable step/enter also in rear.
approx length : 137" , width: 71"

"if your car need more than 2 hubcaps, it ain´t cool!"
leaded
Teardrop Builder

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:31 am

That's really beautiful, Leaded.
What is that little curved platform, next to the bed?

Your next step is to calculate how much this will weigh. Then, can your tow vehicle pull it okay and, if so, at what additional fuel cost? A trailer of this size may need brakes, too. Remember to add the larger axle and wheels, as well as the brakes, into your weight equations, if necessary. If you still feel comfortable with the weight, additional work and fuel, go for it! But, I'm guessing you'll start finding ways to cut down on some of that weight. :)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby prohandyman » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:37 pm

Rob Hesselmann's cabin car is something like 2500#! Are you planning on that kind of weight?
Dan
155200 Facebook group 164774163701
prohandyman
Super Lifetime Member

Postby leaded » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:41 pm

S. Heisley wrote:That's really beautiful, Leaded.
What is that little curved platform, next to the bed?
:)

part of the floor, who is not lowered. Raised part to other side of bed is sitting place, foldable to another bed....Planned to perhaps do a angled sofa, but found this could give some more footspace.......

I.m not calculated the weight yet, but points to get it as little as possible, without doin it weaker!
Suppose Rob´s weight is too high, and shure to come under that. :roll:

Buy the way, plan is to do it nearly as same size as Eddielbs http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g25/eddielbs_photos/Kincaid/Kincad016.jpg
, a little higher, and width cover the wheels, and that doesnt weight 2500 lbs?
leaded
Teardrop Builder

Postby doug hodder » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:00 pm

Leaded...I may have missed it in a previous post. Were you thinking about a woody look on the trailer or something more like the tow vehicle? I'm sure others won't agree with my building process, but I like to design the exterior look on the footprint I want, then make it all fit internally. You'll be surprised how much things will change as you go along. Since you have such a nice looking "Lead Sled" to tow with...I'd go for a combo look. You'll be so busy showing it all off when completed that at the end of the day you will just want to fall asleep in the chair outside!

I think you'll find that it will all work internally, and there may be some things that when it is all said and done, you find you didn't really need. I'm sure it's going to be a real show stopper, love that profile! Just think about how you want to camp and what is important to you. Just my thoughts on it. Looking forward to seeing it progress. Doug
doug hodder
*Snoop Dougie Doug

Postby leaded » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:31 am

doug hodder wrote:Leaded...I may have missed it in a previous post. Were you thinking about a woody look on the trailer or something more like the tow vehicle? I'm sure others won't agree with my building process, but I like to design the exterior look on the footprint I want, then make it all fit internally. You'll be surprised how much things will change as you go along. Since you have such a nice looking "Lead Sled" to tow with...I'd go for a combo look. You'll be so busy showing it all off when completed that at the end of the day you will just want to fall asleep in the chair outside!

I think you'll find that it will all work internally, and there may be some things that when it is all said and done, you find you didn't really need. I'm sure it's going to be a real show stopper, love that profile! Just think about how you want to camp and what is important to you. Just my thoughts on it. Looking forward to seeing it progress. Doug

Hmmm, wondered about plain woody look outside, and inside....BUT, also open for other ideas. My car got a green/cream tuck´n roll interior, and that had been great into the "tear" too, but its a lot of work ( a LOT )..... and it does give more weight..... see some interior shots at car: http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/album_personal.php?user_id=7861
Exterior sides gonna be woody, but roof would perhaps get the green color, as the car..

And, your right, exterior view is most interesting, and the interior will fit as come along, or suits... minimum sleep of 2, perhaps 3 , possibility for a porta potty place, and space for coffe making, and a drop of water, when its all necessery!
:thinking: 8) 8)
leaded
Teardrop Builder

Return to Member Designs