Got a question for every one about a design I like...

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

Got a question for every one about a design I like...

Postby Gunswinger » Mon May 04, 2009 8:20 pm

I was surfing the net one night about two am and ran onto a design that I liked. I have no idea how I found it or where I found it but I liked it. I want to use the design to build mine with some exceptions. I want to add a rack on top for a canoe. I want to make the galley a galley along the line of the fat ass that I found on here. But I wanted to see who's this one is and tell them that I am using the idea a little. I want to be respectful of the other man. I do prospecting and love the jerry cans on the outside. I even found 4 good jerry cans at a yard sale for 10 bucks total. See it is working out. I made some hand sketches of my ideas and will try to post them in the next couple days. Here is the question has anyone seen this design and know whom's it is?

Here is the pictures... http://s417.photobucket.com/albums/pp25 ... =slideshow

Thanks! :thumbsup:
Gunswinger
Teardrop Builder

Postby stomperxj » Mon May 04, 2009 10:02 pm

That is an off road tear built by a guy named Jim (1speed). His build thread is on Expedition Portal located:

HERE

I read his thread quite a few times while planning mine out too. Hit him up with questions... He is a nice guy...
stomperxj
The 300 Club

Postby pete.wilson » Tue May 05, 2009 7:33 pm

Hey

Yes, check out StompersXJ link, lots of good information over at expedition portal, good site. 8)

Pete Wilson
Why hasn't anyone found a dead bigfoot? When was the last time you found a dead deer, bear, coyote, fox, squirrel, etc. that died in the woods.........Hmmm.
pete.wilson
The 300 Club

Postby xrover » Tue May 05, 2009 10:37 pm

I'm not sure the Snowbear utility trailer as a base is the most solid. These are typically home depot weekenders. If you really want to go offroad, then either picked up a used military (sanky type) or build you own on an axle that matches your rig. That will give you essentially the same track and spares can be shared between the trailer and truck.
1988 Cadet
2006 Argo Avenger
xrover
Teardrop Master

Postby Gunswinger » Wed May 06, 2009 7:05 am

Thanks everyone..

Stomperxj.....Thanks for the link that was it. Thanks a million

Pete.Wilson.....Thanks for the note about the site.

Xrover....... I plan on ordering an axle with brakes and then building the frame. That way I get what I need and what I want. I think with the size I am going for that the weight will be such that I will need the brakes. I will work to lighten the trailer as much as possible and still make it off road able.

Thanks again.
Gunswinger
Teardrop Builder

Return to Member Designs