How to attach a tent

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

How to attach a tent

Postby statues » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:37 pm

I'm in the research phase portion of building a tear drop...question...has anyone been successful in attaching a tent at either entrance door to give some convenience to the mid night trots to a outdoor porta potty OR has anyone come up with a fesiable alternative, all my research has produced nil, nata, nothing to date?
statues
Teardrop Inspector

Postby madjack » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:02 pm

Welcome...side tents are popular and have been done by many...there is a genre of tents known as "SUV/minivan" tents which will hook hook up to the TD...there are lots of option for covers/awnings and such...another option is "shower/potty" tent, which is a 4x4x7 tent meant to be used as a portable shower or with a porta potti...like I said, there are ABUNCH of options...here is one to start with... clicky clicky...
...and a shower/potty tent... another clicky...
madjack 8)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Postby Miriam C. » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:19 pm

http://tnttt.com/viewto ... side+tents

You should find lots of idea here. There are also more threads on the subject. You just need to search "side AND tents". If you have Google search it might be easier........
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby oklahomajewel » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:11 pm

Or make your own... Mine goes together easily , marked the ends of the pipes to keep them in order (a, b, c) and then slip on a curtain with weights or something that secures or attaches at the bottom.

I put mine on the drivers side since that is usually the utility side or the side facing away from the road.

Julie

Some things are way over my head !! ...but it keeps me looking UP!
oklahomajewel
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Eunice » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:12 pm

I use this shower tent. I change clothes there and it also is a portapottie
It is about 4' square. very easy to put up

http://www.tnttt.com/gallery/image.php?image_id=43035
Eunice
former director
Jefferson State Chapter
TearJerkersImage
Eunice
Jefferson State Tearjerker

Postby dwgriff1 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:11 am

I have a tall side tent. Some might call it a shower tent, but I have learned to be careful with words.

In a state campground in Oregon I was told flatly that I could NOT have a porta potty at all. After much arguing they allowed I could use if it I took it home unemptied, even though they had an RV dump station on site.

So now I do not have one. What I have is a "seat." What I do with it when no one is around is another story. My side tent is not a shower tent, but a place to stand up and change my clothes.

Words do matter.

dave
dwgriff1
500 Club

side tent

Postby statues » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:30 pm

Thanks for all the input...a side tent (seat..changing place) makes great sense since we are in the habit of staying at least a week in some of our favorite camping places.
statues
Teardrop Inspector

Return to Member Designs