gus's tear

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

gus's tear

Postby gus55 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:50 pm

Heres the galley,made a few changes since this pic was taken,added a refrig. Made a hole in the side with a door to access it.

Inside; wallpapered interrior, A/C slides in and out for travel, we bought a futon from Walmart, tossed the frame and used the mattress,fits perfect,folds up into a couch. We used a bamboo mat,cut in 3 pieces,made window shades from 2 of them,then threw the other piece on the floor.

Notice the sat dish. The frame came from Harber Freight, the one with 12" Wheels, foldable,(but not anymore). We used a cheap grade of 3/4" plywood,(all we could afford). Sanded and 4 coats of polly. Cost for the trailer was around $300.00, total cost for all the materials was around $1200.00.
"I think that everyone should be REQUIRED to carry a gun, sure would cut down on criminal activity."
gus55
Teardrop Inspector

Postby depatty » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:43 pm

Interesting build! Got any construction pix? I'd like to see a close up of some of the roof seams and the outside of the air conditioner mount. :thumbsup:

Dave
depatty
Teardrop Master

Postby S. Heisley » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:03 pm

It's quite unique. Cute! :applause:

Thanks for sharing! :)
S. Heisley
Super Lifetime Member

Postby gus55 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:30 pm

depatty wrote:Interesting build! Got any construction pix? I'd like to see a close up of some of the roof seams and the outside of the air conditioner mount. :thumbsup:

Dave

Unfortunately, I lost my construction pics, computer crash. :cry: I will post more pics soon. The a/c pokes out through a little door on the side, and rests on the fender. I place a small piece of foam in between the a/c and the fender to keep vibration to a minimum. Works good,I believe you could hang meat in there. 8)
"I think that everyone should be REQUIRED to carry a gun, sure would cut down on criminal activity."
gus55
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Miriam C. » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:16 pm

:applause: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :woohoo: :P Yep it is very cute! :thumbsup:
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby haul-all-day-rambler » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:53 pm

that has some style....i like it.
jump right in or the end begins...
haul-all-day-rambler
Teardrop Advisor

Return to Member Designs