design help!

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

design help!

Postby luluyug » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:48 pm

hello new friends (i hope) i need some advise about the building of a rimple to go in the back of my tini toyota echo. in the original design you guys use 48 inches walls. does it mather if the roof extends higher than my car because the max towing off my toyota is 700 pouds and my 4x8 trailer is already 250 pounds. sorry for my anglais. all advise is highly welcome.
luluyug
Teardrop Advisor

Postby madjack » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:48 pm

luluyug...welcome to the board...don't worry about the english...some of us natives have a pretty hard time with it...Your camper height can be what you want it to be...it is yours so build it to suit your self...if you read thru the bulding techniques and tips section you will come up with some lightweight suggestion...using a sandwich wall instead of a solid 3/4 ply wall is one way to lighten things...2 examples of lightweight construction are Roly Nelson's 1/4 Nelson Tear (under 300 pounds) and Steve Wolverton's Cowper (around 400 pounds)..so keep on reading and asking questions and you should be aboe to build a 700pound or less camper
madjack 8)

p.s. oh yeah pictures, we luv pictures so take a bunch and show 'em off.......(and y'all thought I forgot huh)
...I have come to believe that, conflict resolution, through violence, is never acceptable.....................mj
madjack
Site Admin

Return to Member Designs