My 2nd tiny teardrop

Did you just design your very own teardrop or tiny trailer? Want to discuss it? Here's the place to post your design for discussion!

My 2nd tiny teardrop

Postby archer59y » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:30 pm

This is the 2nd light teardrop I have made. Empty it is under 300 pounds. The interior dimensions are 44" wide, 39" high, 6'6" long.

It has rubber torsion suspension/axles. The skin is mahogany with an 3/4 interior frame routed from a template I made.

The doors are acrylic with laser cut venting system.

It tows well behind either our Honda Ace Tourer (1100 cc) or Miata.

I posted additional pics in my album and will try to get the construction pics posted also.

We spent the last couple of weekends in it. Seemed to repel our Northwest rain quite well..no leaks or drips during a hard rain when towing.
Bob H

"All our present problems are the result of previous solutions.
archer59y
Teardrop Inspector

Postby Chris C » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:36 pm

Beautiful little teardrop. Bet you are the envy of your bike club......if you are a member of one. :lol:
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Re: My 2nd tiny teardrop

Postby Joanne » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:04 pm

archer59y wrote:
This is the 2nd light teardrop I have made. Empty it is under 300 pounds. The interior dimensions are 44" wide, 39" high, 6'6" long.

It has rubber torsion suspension/axles. The skin is mahogany with an 3/4 interior frame routed from a template I made.

The doors are acrylic with laser cut venting system.

It tows well behind either our Honda Ace Tourer (1100 cc) or Miata.

I posted additional pics in my album and will try to get the construction pics posted also.

We spent the last couple of weekends in it. Seemed to repel our Northwest rain quite well..no leaks or drips during a hard rain when towing.

Sweet little tear! It would look good behind my RoadKing (as long as someone else was riding. I don't think I'm up to pulling a trailer.)

Joanne
New! My Camp Cooking Forum

Project Desert Dawg website

Universal Health Care
Health care with the efficiency of the Department of Motor Vehicles
and the compassion of the Internal Revenue Service.
Joanne
Queen of Cast Iron

Postby mikeschn » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:21 pm

I really like the mahogany... You did a nice job on that. The black vinyl reminds me of something I have to do tomorrow on my teardrop... :roll:

So you've already got a lightweight teardrop... does that mean I don't have to finish the Ultralight???

I've been thinking... I've got the Lil Diner done now, and my cold frame done... mabye it's time to get back to the Ultralight....

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

More Info

Postby archer59y » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:04 am

I think my wife would shoot me if I thought about selling this one. Was hard enough selling the first one, but it went to a good home.

Given the choice I prefer to tow it with the Miata instead of the motorcycle, just less work and worry on the road. Hard to tell what gets more waves and thumbs up..behind the bike or behind the Miata with the top down.

I posted a few more pics of construction and some of the first tear on my album.

Thanks for the comments

Bob
Bob H

"All our present problems are the result of previous solutions.
archer59y
Teardrop Inspector

Postby davido » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:24 pm

archer, fleetwood folding trailers (coleman) has clearance lights with black bases, that is, if you wanted to change them to match the rest of the black trim.

looks great

david
davido
Teardrop Inspector

Postby mikeschn » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:43 pm

Hi Davido,

Welcome to the forum...

What do you have, or what are you planning on building?

Mike...
The quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten, so build your teardrop with the best materials...
mikeschn
Site Admin

Return to Member Designs