International Teardrop Gathering

Teardrop Gatherings that are National/International in scope includes the United Kindom and Australian Chapters of TearJerkers.

Postby willy1959 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:41 pm

I'm involved in Miata groups, and sprite groups. its always a goosbump thing to see caravans of like hobbyists,, but wow, these pics take the cake!!
willy1959
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Wright » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:44 pm

Sorta makes "getting there" a Vacation in itself, doesn't it?

If they were spread all over it'd be like taking the "getting there" away from us, huh?

just my thought.............
:BE Wright

SEMPER FI
Wright
*teardrop schemer

Postby willy1959 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:51 pm

Wright wrote:Sorta makes "getting there" a Vacation in itself, doesn't it?

If they were spread all over it'd be like taking the "getting there" away from us, huh?

Now this is the kinda thought that makes it fun..

Im thinking that you all will need to find hwy 88 on your trek west. I can hook up with you around Chitown, or if you like, I can throw some land lines out in my driveway from you eastern folks! :beer:
willy1959
Teardrop Advisor

Postby Kevin A » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:01 pm

Wright wrote:Sorta makes "getting there" a Vacation in itself, doesn't it?

The trip getting to Minden was AWESOME, I can't thank Grant & Lisa Whipp enough for all the planning & hard work they put into forming that tour. All of you folks from the east are really missing out if you don't plan something similar for the next ITG. You already have the organized groups back there, get busy and start planning for it.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Steve Frederick » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:39 pm

Kevin A wrote:Here's a few photos from the other (Northern Ca.) of the two California groups that made the trip to Minden:
Image Image
Image Image
The rest of my photos from our tour to Minden can be viewed here:
more photos here

Wow! You guy's in California know about Teardrops too??? :lol: :lol:
Blessings, Steve
Adirondacks, Upstate New York
Building Journals
The Shop Manual's 8-years old!! Thank's everyone!
New! 'Rondack Lodge Plans!Order Here!
Steve Frederick
Custom Teardrop Builder

Location: Upstate New York, Adirondacks (Great Sacandaga Lake)

International Teardrops Gathering

Postby rooster » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:22 pm

Whom ever?? The person that suggested one rally in Minden, one somewhere east of the Miss. and one in Alberta, Canada, has a good idea. Have the ITR on a rotation basis so everyone has a chance to go to a big rally and meet some wonderful people. Then people can really plan for the event they want to attend. Just my thoughts.

Jim, :thinking:
Beware of what she wishes....especially with that twinkle in her eye and that mischievious smile....you know it's gonna cost....
rooster
Donating Member

Re: International Teardrops Gathering

Postby Gage » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:49 am

rooster wrote:Whom ever?? The person that suggested one rally in Minden, one somewhere east of the Miss. and one in Alberta, Canada, has a good idea. Have the ITR on a rotation basis so everyone has a chance to go to a big rally and meet some wonderful people. Then people can really plan for the event they want to attend. Just my thoughts.
Jim, :thinking:
Go for it Jim. Plan a ITR in Alberta, Canada. No one is holding you back. It's not a simple thing to plan a BIG Gathering. You have to make all the arrangements, not just locate a place and then tell everyone where it's at and have them make thier own reservations. Meanwhile, what ever the location that George comes up with for the ITG in 2007, I'll be there, and like this last one I'm more than willing to be on the committee and help out any way I can. I'm already planning the trip back to Minden. Even being retired, I can't just take off and go. We're also planning on going on over to the right hand coast and try and meet up with some of the teardroppers that couldn't make it to Minden.

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby bledsoe3 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:06 am

Gage wrote: We're also planning on going on over to the right hand coast and try and meet up with some of the teardroppers that couldn't make it to Minden.

Have a good day.[/color][/i][/b]
8)

Gage, Say Hi to Ira for me. :lol:
If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got.
bledsoe3
3000 Club
3000 Club

Postby Gage » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:40 am

bledsoe3 wrote:
Gage wrote: We're also planning on going on over to the right hand coast and try and meet up with some of the teardroppers that couldn't make it to Minden.
Have a good day.[/color][/i][/b]
8)

Gage, Say Hi to Ira for me. :lol:
I'll do that if I get that far down. I'll try and get a hold of Woody to get directions. :no:

Have a good day.

8)
Image Image Image
Remember 'Teardrop Time'.......Take your time, you don't have to have it finished NOW.
Gage
8000 Club
8000 Club

Postby catrinka » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:33 pm

I would most definitely vote for Alberta, and as scenic as Banff is, it is expensive. For a large group it might be better to find another area close to the mountains to have it. Having said that I can't think of any place to suggest. lol I'll do some thinking and see what I come up with.
catrinka
500 Club

Postby Kurt (Indiana) » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:43 pm

Branson, Mo could be a good place to think about also. It is fairly centrally located and is on a major highway.

http://www.branson.com/branson/camping.htm

Something to think about,

Merry Christmas everyone.

Kurt (Indiana) :thinking:
CRA2023 Web Site
"Wall of Fame 2011-2021"

Kurt (Indiana) Director "Hoosier" chapter
Kurt (Indiana)
Donating Member

Postby edlfrey » Tue May 02, 2006 7:20 pm

This thread has been real quite, ONLY a year+ to go before the next meeting.

I'm assuming it will be in Minden, NE and is being put together by George T, his original posting said June '07. Is there a firm date set yet George?

With all the other suggestions that have been made is anyone else stepping up to arrange the meet? Where will it be and what are the dates?

I look forward to attending wherever, whenever and by whoever - tell me where and when! :thumbsup:
edlfrey
Teardrop Master

Postby George T. » Tue May 02, 2006 10:30 pm

Greetings from Colorado!

The second ITG is still in the planning stages. When, where? As of now, same general area, same general time frame.

Things change and things happen. For example. I was on my way to the Shasta gathering last Saturday from Colorado. I am currently in Salt Lake City waiting for the new engine to be installed in my van. Didn't plan for a week and a half vacation in Utah, but my daughter and I are making the best of it!

George T.
George T.
Teardrop Master

Postby Kevin A » Tue May 02, 2006 11:08 pm

George T. wrote:Greetings from Colorado!

The second ITG is still in the planning stages. When, where? As of now, same general area, same general time frame.

Things change and things happen. For example. I was on my way to the Shasta gathering last Saturday from Colorado. I am currently in Salt Lake City waiting for the new engine to be installed in my van. Didn't plan for a week and a half vacation in Utah, but my daughter and I are making the best of it!

George T.

Darn it, Doug, couldn't you atleast have let George make it to California? ;) :lol: George, I do hope you can make it to Shasta in time.
"Follow me, I'm right behind you"

ImageImage
Kevin A
The other guy

Postby Zyamfier » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:08 pm

George,
Maybe I can help a bit on this... After all I do live in MINDEN and those that attended the event in '05 were the inspiration behind the Drag'n Wag'n. Pictured below.
I will be at the campground this weekend. Bike rally but will have the tear there as well.
You can reach me here or through my parents. I think you have the #. If not post here and I will send you my #.
I drove by the Campground last night and there was a Uni-Mog Camper. For a moment I thought it was some sort of Military takeover.

Jim Petersen
Jim Petersen
"The best alarm clock is sunshine on chrome."
Zyamfier
Teardrop Master

PreviousNext

Return to National/International