Irrelevant Factoids

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: Irrelevant Factoids

Postby rjgimp » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:53 pm

Tom&Shelly wrote:
JasenC wrote:Our toaster died a few weeks back, it's wasn't a pretty sight so I won't go into details.
We got a new one and it had this helpful guide that I thought I would share with my fellow TD and tiny trailer brethren for their toasting pleasures.
And too answer the flood of income questions that this will provoke, yes the level 1 setting is for dried out slightly warm Wonder bread.

Very useful! I had a hard time convincing Shelly that I actually like Level 6 (as I now know it is called) while we were dating, and she would throw those pieces away before I could get to them with margarine. (Now that we are married, I have to make my own toast!)

Runs in the family. First time Dad made me a slice like that, he and Mom said I didn't have to eat it, and looked at me funny when I tried it. Tasted good, and they said I had Grandpa Farrell's taste-buds. I suppose he probably hated broccoli too.

Tom

I was thinking of asking what sort of sick, twisted monster would do either 5 or 6 to a perfectly good piece of toast. Maybe I shouldn't..

:shock:

Drat! Did I actually say that out loud...?

:frightened: :lol: :R
-Rob

I hope to make it to a Procrastinators Anonymous meeting someday...
just as soon as the steering committee gets around to scheduling one!
rjgimp
500 Club

Postby TimC » Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:07 pm

My toaster is a mysterious kitchen appliance. We got it with my wife's hybrid camper she bought last fall. We no longer have the camper but that's for another thread. I kept the toaster.

I routinely make bread. Mostly multi grain. Sometimes I make a basic white loaf. When I toast the multi grain I have to set it to dark, leave it until it pops up and then flip it and give it another thirty seconds or so to get a nice golden brown and crispy bed for my p-bar. When I toast the white bread if I leave the toaster set to dark it comes out black when it pops.

Maybe it's my bread that is mysterious!
Tim
Niagara, WI
My First Benroy Teardrop Build Thread - A 5x8 Woodie - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=63575
My Second Teardrop (partial) Build Thread - Started August '16 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=66939
#3 My son's Benroy Foamie team build - Started July '20 - http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=72877

TimC
Gold Donating Member

Postby Tom&Shelly » Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:02 pm

rjgimp wrote:
Tom&Shelly wrote:
JasenC wrote:Our toaster died a few weeks back, it's wasn't a pretty sight so I won't go into details.
We got a new one and it had this helpful guide that I thought I would share with my fellow TD and tiny trailer brethren for their toasting pleasures.
And too answer the flood of income questions that this will provoke, yes the level 1 setting is for dried out slightly warm Wonder bread.

Very useful! I had a hard time convincing Shelly that I actually like Level 6 (as I now know it is called) while we were dating, and she would throw those pieces away before I could get to them with margarine. (Now that we are married, I have to make my own toast!)

Runs in the family. First time Dad made me a slice like that, he and Mom said I didn't have to eat it, and looked at me funny when I tried it. Tasted good, and they said I had Grandpa Farrell's taste-buds. I suppose he probably hated broccoli too.

Tom

I was thinking of asking what sort of sick, twisted monster would do either 5 or 6 to a perfectly good piece of toast. Maybe I shouldn't..

:shock:

Drat! Did I actually say that out loud...?

:frightened: :lol: :R

Tee Hee. Well, now you know! ;)

BTW, does anyone remember the triangular non-pop-up toasters? When I went off to college, Dad gave me the one he'd used that had been packed away in the attic. I used it for years afterwards.
Occasionally, friends (let's leave it at that) would be around for breakfast, and just couldn't seem to get the knack of judging when the toast was done. That toaster lasted longer than many relationships. Shelly solved the problem by buying us a new fangled pop-up-toaster. (The triangular one is still working and kept as an emergency back-up, asbestos cord and all.)

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby JasenC » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:16 am

We had a manual toaster that you set on the stove burner or the potbelly when we lived on the farm, so toast was more like a 3/5 or 4/11 :lol:
I'll be done when I'm finished, if that's not fast enough, take a number.

Build Thread https://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=74269
JasenC
The 300 Club

Postby Tom&Shelly » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:12 am

Just checked my spam folder for the first time in a long time, and it's amazing all the great things I've won from Home Depot and Lowes! Drills, Power Centers, Golf Carts (didn't even know they sold those). I can't wait to reply and give them my credit card number. Then I'll just wait for the free stuff to role in! :?

Tom :lol:
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly

Postby Squigie » Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:15 pm

Boiling Lil Smokies returns them to tiny hotdog shapes.
Squigie
The 300 Club

Postby twisted lines » Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:57 pm

Then the weather came in :thumbsup:
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby twisted lines » Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:51 pm

Started drawing a Foamie :?
The top view looks just like a boat
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Tom&Shelly » Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:16 pm

What I thought I heard Shelly say (while reading the new posts in the tnttt forum): "I really need to get a haircut before we head back to New Mexico, so my hair is stringy and mousy!"

Me, trying to be a supportive husband (while still reading the new posts in the tnttt forum): "Naw, you look great sweetheart, your hair is already stringy and mousy!"

And that's why it's important, even for married men, to remember their camp cooking skills learned in Boy Scouts! :campfire:

Tom :oops:
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly

Postby Tom&Shelly » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:07 am

While sitting in our Teardrop one cold morning, after two weeks of travelling from campsite to campsite, with our cat bouncing around on top of us, each reading our telephones:

Shelly: There's a doll house show in London, we ought to go.

Tom: (Mentally plotting course) Hmm, are there any state parks nearby? :?

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly

Postby Capebuild » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:12 pm

Tom&Shelly wrote:Shelly: There's a doll house show in London, we ought to go.

Tom: (Mentally plotting course) Hmm, are there any state parks nearby?

Don't pooh-pooh that idea..... you'll be able to add another map on your avatar to fill in :thinking:
"Success can be defined as moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm".... Churchill

Visit my Teardrop build here: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=73779
Capebuild
Donating Member

Postby twisted lines » Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:51 pm

Found today If you chose a heat pump, it may have failed in the heat department Again!:shock:
Not for this Zone :lol:
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Tom&Shelly » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:35 pm

Today I was listening to the radio (NPR of course) and heard the start of an interview with someone who claimed to have "holistic life coach & mind-body practitioner" certification. "My goodness", I imagined, "that means somewhere out there, some group of people said to themselves 'if we don't have a certification process, there will be unqualified people running around claiming to be holistic life coaches and mind-body practitioners!'"

Quite a calamity, as I am sure you all will agree.

Sure enough, I googled on the webiverse and found a site offering that very certification. Costs only $2895 Australian, but it claims to be an international certification, so it's good anywhere. And you get two certificates (one for holistic life coaching, and a whole separate one for mind-body practitioning, I suppose) suitable for framing. :thumbsup:

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly

Postby friz » Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:01 pm

I find the use of Life Coach very helpful.Image

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
The "Sin Bin"
friz
500 Club

Postby Tom&Shelly » Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:38 pm

friz wrote:I find the use of Life Coach very helpful.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I'll certify that! :beer:

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic