Anybody on here play the violin?

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby beverlyt » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:36 am

Boodro,
That would be fun!
Between my son who's playing on his Fender Strat banging out some heavy metal and my screeching violin.....

Yikes!
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby Boodro » Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:19 pm

Bev , are ya saying we wouldn't have to worry about ,lions tigers& bears, Ohmy! :M :EXP Maybe if we all play we could have our choice of camp sites too! :? :? Hope to see ya soon,as soon as the snow goes bye bye/
We are all travelers in this world , from the sweet grass to the packin house , birth till death , we travel between the eternities . ( Robert Duvall as Prentiss Ritter)
Boodro
1000 Club
1000 Club

Re: Anybody on here play the violin?

Postby cleave » Sun May 29, 2005 7:13 pm

[quote="beverlyt"]My newest project.
Violin...such as in "fiddle" or "bluegrass".
I'm just learning... stay away from my house right now. It sounds like a pen of screeching pigs in here!

Bev[/quote]

I was just looking around at old posts and came across this one. My wife plays fiddle/violin and sings and stepdances too. She has been performing for most of her life. She is a Two-time Canadian FIddle Champion to boot. I play in her band and am the road manager. Every time we are on the road (about 250 days a year) we mention the fact that after the thousands and thousands of miles we've driven (mostly in the US) we have never seen a teardrop on the road. Never. In fact, there have been a few times that I though this was all a dream and that they never existed. :)

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know that we do have a fiddler in our midst....

Later....

ps. I have been planning our Tear for a year and am starting the frame this week. I just orderd my galley hinge today too. Very exciting.
cleave
Teardrop Master

Postby beverlyt » Sun May 29, 2005 7:29 pm

Cleave,
Well, thank goodness your wife can play fiddle... I'm afraid I won't be playing well for.... well....ever?

I was practicing everyday, then studies and new trailer project have taken me away from my daily practice. (very bad)

Glad to hear you're getting started on your teardrop project! I've never seen one on the road either, except for one in a yard driving south one year.

Bev
beverlyt
500 Club

Postby Chris C » Sun May 29, 2005 11:22 pm

I was a violinist. Used to play with the Oklahoma City Symphony Orchestra contract players. Long, long time ago. (Anyone want to buy a beautiful French violin made in 1729?) But playing fiddle is a whole different world.............never could do that! Takes a special feeling. I love the music and attend just about every bluegrass festival I can find in our area. Keep up the practice..........it takes a lot of it. Good luck.
Chris :D

The tension between what is good enough and what is beyond that creates the space for character to become our work.

Teardrop Trailer Build Pictures: http://tinyurl.com/px5cd
Chris C

Previous

Return to Off Topic