Angel Prayer List

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Postby Bigwoods » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:47 pm

She sure won my heart over and that was in a phone call. The surgery will now be on Thursday. Two surgeons will work on her and we pray for a wonderful outcome.
Greg in Northern Minnesota

Bigwoods
500 Club

Postby Bigwoods » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:27 pm

Just a quick report on Emma-Kate. The surgery was 7 hours and they corrected her arteries and her esophagus. The surgeons were very please and we just need her to do well for a few days. Thanks everyone for your prayers and kind thoughts and I pray for a healthy recuperation. :)

Bigwoods
500 Club

Postby satch » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:47 pm

Bigwoods wrote:Just a quick report on Emma-Kate. The surgery was 7 hours and they corrected her arteries and her esophagus. The surgeons were very please and we just need her to do well for a few days. Thanks everyone for your prayers and kind thoughts and I pray for a healthy recuperation. :)

:thumbsup:
If it itches. scratch it
Rick
satch
Donating Member

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:38 pm

Greg, that's wonderful news! That sure was a long surgery. Hopefully she will be feeling wonderful by the time Santa arrives. Is this her first Christmas with all of you?
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby BillandMarijo » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:11 pm

Bigwoods wrote:Just a quick report on Emma-Kate. The surgery was 7 hours and they corrected her arteries and her esophagus. The surgeons were very please and we just need her to do well for a few days. Thanks everyone for your prayers and kind thoughts and I pray for a healthy recuperation. :)

God Bless and Have a wonderful Christmas,
Marijo and Bill :applause:
Hope to see you on the road.
Bill and Marijo

Also We Are On Facebook
Friend Us.
Bill Peterman
Marijo Haselbarth Peterman
BillandMarijo
500 Club

Postby BillandMarijo » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:19 pm

CAJUN LADY wrote:Greg, that's wonderful news! That sure was a long surgery. Hopefully she will be feeling wonderful by the time Santa arrives. Is this her first Christmas with all of you?

Becca,
Just a quick "Thank You" for all you do for everyone on the forum with the Angel Prayer List with all your kind words, thoughts and prayers. Please know it is very much appreciated.
Merry Christmas. (Also great Photo)
Marijo and Bill :)
Bill and Marijo

Also We Are On Facebook
Friend Us.
Bill Peterman
BillandMarijo
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:57 pm

BillandMarijo wrote:
CAJUN LADY wrote:Greg, that's wonderful news! That sure was a long surgery. Hopefully she will be feeling wonderful by the time Santa arrives. Is this her first Christmas with all of you?

Becca,
Just a quick "Thank You" for all you do for everyone on the forum with the Angel Prayer List with all your kind words, thoughts and prayers. Please know it is very much appreciated.
Merry Christmas. (Also great Photo)

You are about to make me cry. What a very heartfelt compliment...thank you so much for saying that. But, I only started this thread - - everyone on here has helped everyone else with their prayers and strong faith. I hate seeing or knowing that someone or something (animal) is suffering, even if it's minor...it's still suffering in your heart. I have been blessed by the amount of friends I have made on this forum, some I have had the pleasure of meeting and hundreds I will probably never meet. I don't judge people...I don't judge what kind of person you are or were. Everyone needs someone to care about them, say a prayer for them and to know they are being thought of. Doesn't take much to show someone you care. And that my friend is why I started this thread and your comment has made it all worth it. Thank you! :)
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Bigwoods » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:01 pm

Becca, I thank you also. This is the latest post from my daughter. There is some concern as they are still keeping her sedated, but Mandy sent this and it sounds more hopeful. Thanks Again

Today was a good day for Emma-Kate. She had bad mucous issues through the night and morning, but nothing during the time I was there. The nurse said it was super disgusting. They turned down the ventilator some. Tomorrow at 8am they will turn off some of the meds and turn others on. Mid-day sometime they plan on taking out the breathing support. The nurse was thrilled with her peeing too. Way to go E-K! :thumbsup:

Bigwoods
500 Club

Postby CAJUN LADY » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:52 am

Bigwoods wrote:Becca, I thank you also. This is the latest post from my daughter. There is some concern as they are still keeping her sedated, but Mandy sent this and it sounds more hopeful. Thanks Again

Today was a good day for Emma-Kate. She had bad mucous issues through the night and morning, but nothing during the time I was there. The nurse said it was super disgusting. They turned down the ventilator some. Tomorrow at 8am they will turn off some of the meds and turn others on. Mid-day sometime they plan on taking out the breathing support. The nurse was thrilled with her peeing too. Way to go E-K! :thumbsup:

Way to go Emma-Kate! She will have such a wonderful, love filled life. I look forward to watching her grow up. You're welcome Greg
Becca
~Cajun Lady~
CAJUN LADY
Donating Member

Postby Bigwoods » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:36 pm

Just a bit of an update. Emma-Kate had a coupla bad days but her are the latest post from my daughter. She is improving every day now.

Emma-Kate is doing very well. She is off the ventilator and about 4 other tubes. :) She was awake the entire time I was there. I bet she will sleep well tonight. She is down to only tylenol for pain. She is coughing mucous up great.

She just wanted me to hold her hand. After they took her off the vent she just moaned, "Nooooo...Owie-Owie Mommy!" Then I said, "Wo Ai Ni Emma-Kate" (I love you Emma-Kate) and she said, "Wo Ai Ni Mama". Made me cry. Also 3 Rams players stopped by (Sorry Carrie not Incognito). They brought her a big gift basket and talked with me for 5-10 minutes. They said they would pray for E-K. :)

Emma-Kate continues to do well. She lost more tubes. :) Her incision is exposed and looks good. She even ate and drank a bit today. BUT, she is really, really mad at us. She won't talk and looks away when we talk to her.

Sounds bull headed like her adopted MaMa. :applause:

Bigwoods
500 Club

Postby BillandMarijo » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:51 am

BigWoods,
We have been following Emma -Kates progress. Shes sounds like shes a little fighter. And it sounds like you have fallen for you. She will continue to be in our prayers.
God Bless and Merry Christmas.
Bill and Marijo

Also We Are On Facebook
Friend Us.
Bill Peterman
BillandMarijo
500 Club

Postby Bigwoods » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:24 pm

Emma-Kate just went home. She called me with the help of her MaMa and I could barely hear her marvelous little voice. I did hear her say "I Love You Gong Gong." These are the post from my daughter and you can see her concern and happiness. Thanks for all the prayers for healing. God does heal his children

Greg

She got worse and worse with the biting. She was biting her pajamas, blankets, socks on her arms, and even me. I was just rubbing her cheek. She must be at such a primal place in her mind. She would even roll her eyes into her head and turn her face when I talked to her. Once I asked her "Am I your forever mama?" And she smiled. Then I said... "Are you my forever MeiMei (Little Sister)?" And she smiled so big she I saw her teeth. Then back to the rolling/closed eyes. We made her walk a bit before we left. :)
Emma-Kate did get into the transition room. She still doesn't talk. She is very annoyed and kind of goes crazy trying to pull out the IVs. It is kind of scary, she just bites herself and shakes her head back and forth. They had to put socks up her arms. It should be 1-2 more days and we can fly this chicken coop
Sitting here with our Chinese Princess. She is in a much better mood and has cut down on the biting. We know they want to do an Echo...BUT we might blow this popsicle stand today. AND the Blues are on tonight. How great would it be to watch hockey with my entire family home?!?!
I'm home...with my whole family. How awesome God is to bring healing to our daughter!!! She was scared as I packed her up at the hospital and brought her downstairs. As soon as we got on the interstate I think she got it. A look of contentedness came over her. :applause: :applause:

Bigwoods
500 Club

Postby satch » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Sweet :thumbsup:
If it itches. scratch it
Rick
satch
Donating Member

Postby Miriam C. » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:59 am

:o Sure hope you all have an extra prayer. I will be having a hysterectomy this afternoon. Seems I have some cysts/fibroids putting pressure on my lower spine and pinching some nerves. Should be all over by 3 and I can walk normal again.,

Blessings to you all!
“Forgiveness means giving up all hope for a better past.â€
Miriam C.
our Aunti M

Postby BillandMarijo » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:43 am

Mirium,
Just think when its all over your going to feel like a million bucks. (I had the same operation) Take it easy and listen to the drs and you wont believe how good youll feel. You will be in my prayers this afternoon for a speedy recovery.
God Bless,
Marijo :worship:
Bill and Marijo

Also We Are On Facebook
Friend Us.
Bill Peterman
BillandMarijo
500 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic