The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: The new campfire thread...ooooh purrrrty!!!!!!

Postby Fenlason » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:51 am

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :D

We are heading to friends for dinner a little later.

Perhaps a little trail work this morning. It is cold this morning.. so for a couple of hours trail work will be easier to get into vs working on the house.

We have for quite a few years.. done an ice ride Thanksgiving Night.. but the arena isn't opening this year [our guess is it won't reopen period] So I don't know what we will do.. if anything. :shrug:

The winch on my RTV is a special rope. Although I ordered it that way. I like it, although I am not sure I have ever had one with a cable.. :thinking: :NC

I would like to make up an extension cable so I can pull from further away.
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing.
George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason
Tour de Post Yellow Jersey

Postby Alan Wood » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:02 pm

I'm about to head over to my family thaksgiving get together. So it sounds like no more ice races for you Glenn?
Alan Wood
Alan Wood
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:15 pm

Alan Wood wrote:I'm about to head over to my family thaksgiving get together. So it sounds like no more ice races for you Glenn?

Not unless Bill starts clearing his pond for it again. Years ago his small farm pond is where we got our start. He is pretty hooked on the Bkool now.. so he is probably not that interested.. and toward the end.. there wasn't that many of us any ways. People thought it would be pretty easy to set up tires… we would try to instruct them on how to go about it..but they didn't follow our advice.. and they weren't all that competitive. :roll: :shrug:
glenn

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby toypusher » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:57 am

Well it was not so happy thanksgiving yesterday for me. Got sick right after dinner - no idea what caused that because nobody else got sick.

Today is 'get the Christmas decorations out' day. Judy is working so I will get all the boxes out of the attic and put them in the garage. We did not decorate last year - our first year in this house - and we are not even sure what we have. So, spread it all out in the garage and see what will work for this house. :)
toypusher
Site Admin

Postby Fenlason » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:45 am

Sorry you got sick Kerry.. I hope you are feeling better today.

We had some snow last night…. just a little. We are to have rain / snow showers all weekend. I am hoping to get some work done outside.. we will see.

I have been wanting a small shelf stereo for our Pain Cave.. or where our Bkool set ups are. Laurie went out to do some shopping this morning.. and I thought while she was gone and it was cold and wet out, I would head to Best buy.. I drive all the way down there. [another town.. 20 plus miles away].. I get out of the van.. and I don't have my wallet :x @#$%@#

So I drive home. On the way home.. I came up with another idea.. we still have a couple of old lap tops.. and we have powered external speakers from our ancient desktop.

I have it playing now.. and I think it will work pretty well. :D I wish I had thought of it before driving all the way down.. but at least I didn't spend anything. :D

We need a fire in here today.. we have been coolish and had very little sun. So I will build a fire.. and get ready for some outside work. I want to try and get that awning roof done… or at least get further along on that project.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:54 pm

We decided to not work outside… the rain got heavier.. It's still not very heavy.. but low 30's and rain.. for a project that does not need to be done.. we decided to skip it for today.

I did get the laptop sound system set up for our BKool.. and we did do a ride. The sound is really pretty darn good… and it has been a little while since I have used music while riding on it.

I had a good ride also. Laurie put in some of local, outside rides on BKool.. and it's nice riding something we know. I knew right where we were through out the ride. I rode a little harder than I wanted. I got out on the lead.. and had two guys working together.. to try and catch me. :o One was stronger than the other, and did more of the pulling. Hmm I think it was 12 or so miles into a 16 mile ride.. the weaker rider got dropped.. the stronger made a little push to close the gap, but I was able to hold him off, and even slowly increase the lead. :twisted:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Alan Wood » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:48 pm

So what dou you have in the bkool Glenn?
Alan Wood
Alan Wood
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Alan Wood » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:52 pm

Hope you're over what ever there Kerry. Here thins were happy other than my sisters dog that doesn't like me. And the fact she needed to drive home to San Diego after dinner. Pretty much eat and run.
Alan Wood
Alan Wood
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby caseydog » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:54 pm

Well, I survived another Thanksgiving with the family. I go back home tomorrow, and fly out to LA on Tuesday. I don't know how long I'll be there. Then, I have Tulsa, Florida, and Wichita again. I'll take SoCal over any of those other places any day.

I am meeting my sister at Lowe's in the morning, before driving to Dallas, to help her buy a six-foot step ladder. She was making the decision way more difficult than it needs to be, so I'm going to pick one out, and tell her to buy it. If she asks why one is better than another, I'm going to say, "Because I said so." I learned that from my parents.

I'm leaving psycho-poodle with my parents until christmas, since I am going to be traveling for business a lot between now and then. Payback! :R

CD
caseydog
Platinum Donating Member

Postby Fenlason » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:16 am

Alan Wood wrote:So what dou you have in the bkool Glenn?

hmm If I remember the Bkool was about $700 There is a small subscription fee also. It takes a task.. which was painfully boring to something you look forward to.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:56 am

39 and very cloudy.. it is quite wet out, but there is no precipitation falling at the moment, so we are working on the porch. We are working on on that curved roof. It's slow work, but we are making headway. We are taking a little coffee break.. warming up.. then back at it. :twisted:
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:23 pm

We did get that roof up. :D We took a piece of PT decking and ripped it in half. We drilled holes for 6 U bolts.. and bolted it to the curve tripled up rebar. I think cut off the U bolts flush to the nuts. I then marked the second decking strip. and routed out where this would sit over the mounted one. We then screwed the 2nd piece of decking over the first. We then mounted an angled top ledger strip to the roof rake trim. We roughly cut the roofing pieces.. including a circular cut out for the stove pipe. We then mounted the pieces. We then marked and cut the curve leaving a 6" overhang.

We have some finish work to do.. which some of, will wait until spring and warm weather, but we are quite pleased with it. :D
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Alan Wood » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:56 pm

Fenlason wrote:

hmm If I remember the Bkool was about $700 There is a small subscription fee also. It takes a task.. which was painfully boring to something you look forward to.

Oops what I meant to ask was what bicycle did you put in it? Or did I run across some other similarly named trainer?
Alan Wood
Alan Wood
5000 Club
5000 Club

Postby Fenlason » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:04 pm

Alan Wood wrote:
Fenlason wrote:

Oops what I meant to ask was what bicycle did you put in it? Or did I run across some other similarly named trainer?

I can put most any of my bikes on it.. what I generally use is my Specialized Roubaix. In the summer when I am riding that on the road, I put my sloppier weather road bike.. my older Specialized Allez on it.

Laurie uses her Amira.. it's the woman's version of the Specialized Tarmac… and her sloppier weather bike is a new Allez.
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

Postby Fenlason » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:20 am

30's.. Grey.. and rainy today… blah.. at least yesterday was dry.. and we even saw a couple spots of blue sky yesterday. I think tomorrow we are supposed to have better weather.

We have another Thanksgiving today… we are driving down to our niece's.

We did just did a little Bkool ride. I wanted to ride.. but also wanted to take it easy. I don't want to do too much too soon.. so I am trying to have the patience to take it slow.

We rode a course of one of our trail rides. Unfortunately the route map was so small.. it was tough to tell where we were. We need to figure out how to blow it up. [after the ride.. I could blow it up in strava so I could tell where we rode]
glenn

Kahlil Gibran

George Bernard Shaw
Fenlason

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic