getting rid of prarrie dogs.

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

Re: getting rid of prarrie dogs.

Postby sagebrush » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:57 pm

bdosborn wrote:Maybe you can talk to them? This is what I'd day:

"Good morning Mr. prairie dog, my aren't you looking fat today. My pasture grass is really filling you out. Say, I'm trying to earn a living off my land and you're kind of a problem. You eat all my grass and my cows break their legs when they step in your home. Do you think you could move along? Thanks so much, we'll see you later" :lol:

Bruce

:lol: :lol: Works every time! :lol: :lol:
We ain't skeer'd of the dark!

Living large in a small way!
sagebrush
Platinum Donating Member

Postby tony.latham » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:09 pm

Slow:

How do you irrigate that pasture? I'm sure you're on the edge of runoff. Can't you just double up the water you normally put on it? Make some of that mud you're always stepping in?

TL
tony.latham
Gold Donating Member

Postby reo-ron » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:23 pm

Don't have any experience with da dogs but did have moles in the yard. I tried many traps and poisons and - no luck. Then a friend proposed to to gas 'em. We put a vac hose on the tail pipe of a pickup and stuffed it in the run. Let it run 30 min and no more moles!!! had to move it several times to be sure we got all the runs.
Ron
Old cars, trucks, trailers and scooters - bought, sold, traded and enthusiastically talked about.
reo-ron
The 300 Club

Postby Ropes4u » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:25 pm

I did some poodle shooting for some friends today, we had a blast but gassing has to be more effective.
Ropes4u
Teardrop Inspector

Postby gudmund » Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:22 pm

;
Last edited by gudmund on Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
gudmund
500 Club

Postby Philip » Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:33 am

20 lb propane bottle. Fill hole for a while. Long cannon fuse. Make sure you are not within 100 foot of a building. You don't want to launch a foundation.

Don't fully block the second exit. You want some air flow to allow the gas to move better.
Philip
Silver Donating Member

Postby swoody126 » Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:19 pm

my mother's youngest son used2 say they like peanut butter(the cheaper the better) and they taste just like tree rats

place the trap near the holes set traps AFTER BAITING make sure they're staked well

BON APPETIT

sw
"we are the people our parents warned us about" jb
swoody126
500 Club

Postby Tom&Shelly » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:11 pm

Philip wrote:20 lb propane bottle. Fill hole for a while. Long cannon fuse. Make sure you are not within 100 foot of a building. You don't want to launch a foundation.

Don't fully block the second exit. You want some air flow to allow the gas to move better.

Ah! The same principle as fuel-air explosives, the most powerful non-nuclear weapon in the US Air Force arsenal.

What could possibly go wrong?

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Postby twisted lines » Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:53 pm

Tom&Shelly wrote:

Tom

Watch a few tubes :lol:
As she sit's so purty (Lunch)
Attachments
popy.jpg
popy.jpg (46.4 KiB) Viewed 379 times
Racking up; And Rapin foam
twisted lines
1000 Club
1000 Club

Postby Philip » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:20 am

Tom&Shelly wrote:
Ah! The same principle as fuel-air explosives, the most powerful non-nuclear weapon in the US Air Force arsenal.

Tom

I know a guy that about launched his own pickup. He didn't look for the second exit. The path missed the front bumper of his truck by 5'. He did learn to park his truck farther away. :lol:

No it was not me. My self I prefer a 22/250 and a large scope. Reach out and touch as they used to say. A 22 long rifle for short ranges.
Philip
Silver Donating Member

Postby Tom&Shelly » Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:19 pm

Philip wrote:
Tom&Shelly wrote:

Tom

I know a guy that about launched his own pickup. He didn't look for the second exit. The path missed the front bumper of his truck by 5'. He did learn to park his truck farther away. :lol:

No it was not me. My self I prefer a 22/250 and a large scope. Reach out and touch as they used to say. A 22 long rifle for short ranges.

I think the colonies on Kirtland AFB are a "protected sanctuary." I didn't realize each tunnel only has two entrances; I thought they were all interconnected with hundreds of entrances/exits. There were times looking across the plain where we'd see a few dozen "targets" sticking their heads up at any given time.

I once remarked that it looked like the place "needs more weasels." Someone from HR heard me, but I think they misunderstood... :lol:

Tom
172912 170466
Tom&Shelly
Palladium Donating Member

Previous

Return to Off Topic