How much are used tear dops worth???

Things that don't fit anywhere else...

How much are used tear dops worth???

Postby Megadrop » Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:58 pm

Hi,

I have a large tear drop trailer I built a few years ago and I am thinking about selling it to build another. How would you go about valuing it? Here is a link to the build thread that is pretty old now but will give you an idea of what it is. Any suggestions or estimates of it value would be appreciated.

http://tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=44777

Thanks Joe :D
it's only temporary, unless it works.
Megadrop
Teardrop Inspector

Re: How much are used tear dops worth???

Postby troubleScottie » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:20 pm

You are selling into a small, niche market. Not a lot of buyers (or sellers).

Observations from others is for DIY TD, generally you can aim for the cost of the materials. Removing the good parts makes it less valuable as the next owner has to invest money and labor to replace the missing bits.

Labor is generally lost or difficult to reclaim.

Great workmanship or stellar design can add something. But that might be wishful thinking. A buyer is often looking for very specific features that your TD may or may not have. However, most people realize, you are not a business. They cannot come back to you for repairs or additions. You are providing no guarantees. What they see and cannot see is what they get.

Of course, you can ask whatever you want. Look around for any commercial equivalents. Expect people to ask for 10-15% off that price.
Michael Krolewski
Scottish Terrier Fancier
troubleScottie
Donating Member

Return to Off Topic